An Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes screenshot of Rody's portrait.
Screenshot by Prima Games

How to Recruit Rody in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

Time is money

This guide goes over how to recruit Rody in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, and how to get the item he needs before he joins you.

Recommended Videos

How to Recruit Rody in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

To recruit Rody in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, you need to give him a Pearl Pocket-Watch. But first, you need to find Rody. He is the appraiser in Dabavin, and is located next to the hammerhead shi’arc who runs the item shop in the town’s merchant area at the bottom of the stairs. When you recruit Rody, he will join your base as your appraiser. This leaves Dabavin without an appraiser but is very convenient for your team, and it is necessary for getting the game’s best ending by recruiting every character.

How to Find a Pearl Pocket-Watch in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

In order to get a Pearl Pocket-Watch, you have to get an “Unknown Pocket-Watch” and have it appraised by any appraiser. Most towns have one, and Rody will appraise items for you in Dabavin even before you recruit him. It costs 100 baqua to get any item appraised, but don’t worry about spending that pocket change: all appraisal items sell for much more than 100 baqua, so each appraisal pays for itself, even if you don’t get the Pearl Pocket-Watch you’re looking for.

There are a few ways to get a Pearl Pocket-Watch in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes. The three ways to get them, in order of earliest to latest, are as follows:

A Guaranteed Pearl Pocket-Watch in the Seaside Cavern

There is a Pearl Pocket-Watch in a treasure chest in the Seaside Cavern, even if it doesn’t seem like it at first. The item inside is listed as an Unknown Pocket-Watch, but it will always be a Pearl Pocket-Watch when appraised. This treasure chest is located about halfway through the dungeon on a small piece of land that sticks out from the main walkways.

You will first find this Pearl Pocket-Watch much earlier than you meet Rody, so if you aren’t anticipating recruiting him, you may accidentally sell it. If you haven’t gotten to Rody yet, do not sell this Pearl Pocket-Watch. Have it appraised and hold on to it to give it to Rody so you can recruit him immediately.

Random Drops from Desert Killer and Xibalba

If you did sell the guaranteed Pearl Pocket-Watch before meeting Rody, there are two enemies in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes that have a chance to drop Unknown Pocket-Watch when defeated. The first is Desert Killer. You can find Desert Killer when you travel with a sand ship taken out of Impershi’arc over the Great Sandy Sea. The Unknown Pocket-Watch dropped by Desert Killer may more commonly be a Wind-Up Pocket-Watch, or more rarely the Pearl Pocket-Watch you’re looking for. Desert Killers can be found at around the same time you first meet Rody and are weak to Wind attacks.

Much later in the game, you can find the enemy Xibalba in Castle Harganthia which also drops Unknown Pocket-Watch. Xibalba is weak to Light attacks.

The Unknown Pocket-Watch Xibalba drops can be a Pearl Pocket-Watch most commonly, a medium rarity Self-Winding Pocket-Watch, or the most rare (and sells for the highest value) Dragon-Inscribed Pocket-Watch. If you haven’t obtained a Pearl Pocket-Watch from a Desert Killer, you should keep a Pearl Pocket-Watch from Xibalba to recruit Rody.

Use a Lucky Badge or Super Lucky Badge to Increase Your Drop Rate

You can increase your chance of obtaining Unknown Pocket-Watch from either Desert Killer or Xibalba by equipping Lucky Badge, Super Lucky Badge, or both onto your party members. The Lucky Badge increases the enemy item drop rate by 10%, and is also found in a treasure chest in the Seaside Cavern. The Super Lucky Badge increases the enemy item drop rate by 50% and is found in the Runebarrows you visit during CJ’s recruitment quest. Equipping them at the same time stacks for a total of a 60% enemy item drop rate increase.

You can also use the Lucky Badge and/or Super Lucky Badge to get Sparklestone from enemies and recruit Squash.

Prima Games is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more about our Affiliate Policy
Image of Niki Fakhoori
Niki Fakhoori
Niki’s love for video games encompasses a wide range of genres, but she is especially fond of RPGs, adventure games, visual novels, simulation games, and fighting games. Her favorite video game-related pastime is asking her unwieldy backlog why she doesn’t have any new games to play. When she isn’t playing or writing about video games, she’s playing with cats, journaling, painting, or obsessing over the latest news in the world of stationery and planners.