Original Post Date: 2020-04-01
Last Updated: 2021-08-02
If you're just picking up Pokemon Sword and Shield now for something to do while everyone's locked down and Animal Crossing: New Horizons isn't really your speed, you might be wanting to figure out how to best prepare for what will surely be an arduous journey through the variety of gyms in Galar.
With there being different gym leaders between the versions, we can see how you might be needing some help keeping it all straight. Here's our Pokemon Sword and Shield gym order list in one handy place for you.
Pokemon Sword and Shield Gym Order
So, you're curious about how the gyms shake out in Galar? We don't blame you. Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield have some notable differences that don't just come down to the different types of Pokemon in them - we're also talking the Gym Leaders that are available as part of the main campaign.
Yes, there are Sword versus Shield specific variants when it comes to who you encounter. We've listed out the order of the gyms in Pokemon Sword and Shield below for your reference, including the instances where they diverge:
- Turffield Gym Leader Milo - Grass Type - Level 19 to 20
- Hulbury Gym Leader Nessa - Water Type - Level 22 to 24
- Motostoke Gym Leader Kabul - Fire Type - Level 25
- Stow-on-Side Gym Leader Bea (Sword) - Fighting Type - Level 34 to 36
- Stow-on-Side Gym Leader Allister (Shield) - Ghost TYpe - Level 34 to 36
- Ballonlea Gym Leader Opal - Fairy Type - Level 36 to 38
- Circhester Gym Leader Gordie (Sword) - Rock Type - Level 40 to 42
- Circhester Gym Leader Melony (Shield) - Ice Type - Level 40 to 42
- Spikemuth Gym Leader Piers - Dark Type - Level 44 to 46
- Hammerlocke Gym Leader Raihan - Dragon Type - Level 46 to 48
Now that you have our Pokemon Sword and Shield gym order list, you can better prepare your teams for some of the fights that are ahead.
We reckon it's an advantage to know what type you're going to be up against, and honestly, it even helps to know what you're going to get asked when you come up against a trickster like Opal when taking on her Fairy gym quiz - we've even got a guide here to the answers if you get stuck.
Not yet on the Pokemon Sword and Shield train? You can pick up a copy of one of the two here at Amazon and also support Prima Games at the same time. Sounds good, right? Once you've gotten that under control, pop on over to our dedicated guides hub for the title to check out the tips and tricks that we've prepared for Galarian Trainers just like yourself.
- When Does Vulpix Evolve in Pokemon Sword and Shield
- How to Fish in Pokemon Sword and Shield
- Axew Evolution Level in Pokemon Sword and Shield