With the recent introduction of the Master League into the Pokemon GO PvP ecosystem, we reckon it's going to be a whale of a time for players who may be returning to the title, chomping at the bit for someone to fight. As it currently stands, the Battle League is still in its preseason, and it's a chance for people to dip their toes into the waters of fighting like this. However, if you're wondering what there is to work towards exactly when you're running the numbers on your team, here's what we know about the Pokemon GO Battle League ranks.
Pokemon GO Battle League Ranks
If you were wondering about how the Pokemon GO Battle League ranks would work, it looks like The Pokemon Company was expecting that too. They released a little bit of a primer on the official Pokemon GO website which helps to break things down a little further for novices. Here's our take on it all, hopefully simplified: essentially, there are 4 separate tiers of ranks between rank 1 and rank 10. Each tier has different conditions that Trainers in them will have to meet in order to advance. We've listed those below for you.
Ranks 1 to 3
- Playing matches while you're in the Rank 1 to Rank 3 bracket will count towards your Battle League progress
- Wins or losses will both count equally towards your progress at this particular level
Ranks 4 to 6
- Winning matches while you're in the Rank 4 to Rank 6 bracket will count towards your Battle League Progress
- Losing won't undo your progress; it just won't add to it
Ranks 7 to 9
- Increasing your matchmaking rating (a number you're assigned while you're in the Rank 7 to Rank 9 bracket) is how you progress
- Wins will improve your matchmaking rating in the Battle League
- Losing will lower your matchmaking rating
- Rank 10 is currently the maximum rank but you can continue to win battles against Trainers to improve your separate matchmaking rating
Now that you've got a little help from us when it comes to navigating the Pokemon GO Battle League ranks, we would hope that your PvP journey starts to go a little smoother. Master League should be a breath of fresh air by removing CP caps, and we're looking forward to experiencing some truly explosive fights. Need a hand with anything else in Pokemon GO? Check out these tips and tricks that we've put together for your benefit: