With each new update comes additional enchantments added to the game. While some of the original ones increased your weapon damage and armor durability, the enchantments have spread to more weapons and tools over time. One such weapon is the crossbow added in Java 1.14 and Bedrock 1.8.0, which can have up to five different effects. If you’re interested in learning more, continue reading to find a comprehensive guide to the Quick Charge enchantment in Minecraft Java and Bedrock Editions.
Minecraft Quick Charge Enchantment Guide
Quick Charge is an enchantment used on the crossbow that reduces your reload speed. Starting at level one, each tier reduces your reload speed by -0.25 seconds, up to a maximum of 0.75 at level three. Since crossbows typically take 1.25 seconds to load, you can potentially reduce this time to half a second. Furthermore, if you have cheats and commands enabled, you can add Quick Charge level four (Bedrock) or level five (Java) to make it instant.
There are numerous ways to get Quick Charge enchanted crossbows and books in Minecraft Java and Bedrock:
- Using an enchanting table
- Fishing for enchanted books
- Trading with a Librarian villager
- Through dungeon, mineshaft, pyramid and stronghold chest loot
- Combining two Quick Charge enchanted books or crossbows in an anvil to increase its level
Any of these methods above has a chance at rewarding you with a Quick Charge crossbow or enchanted book if you’re lucky.
However, some methods, such as chest loot and fishing, have relatively low chances compared to using an enchanting table. Despite this, they’re still viable options if you do not have reliable access to an enchanting table or do not have enough experience levels.
If you are using an enchanting table to add Quick Charge to your crossbow, you have several strategies for getting the best value according to the Minecraft Tools Enchantment Calculator:
- At experience level 12, you have around a 35% chance of getting Quick Charge I. While this isn’t the highest chance, it’s helpful if you don’t have a lot of points.
- At level 27, you have nearly a 50 percent chance to get Quick Charge I. This is your best bet if you don’t quite have level 30 but really want the enchantment.
- At level 30, your chance of getting Quick Charge I drops to around 30%. However, you’ll likely get Quick Charge II instead at this level.
Minecraft is available to play on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, and mobile devices through the official website. For more information about the game, check out All Characters in Minecraft SpongeBob DLC and How to Use the Fill Command in Minecraft Bedrock.