You may notice that, as you’re playing Disney Dreamlight Valley, you’ll encounter mushrooms that block your way to important bridges. When you try to cross them and remove the mushrooms, no matter what you do, you can’t break through. Even if you have an upgraded watering can, you may be able to clear small mushrooms but not these larger ones. If you’re interested in learning more, continue reading to discover how to remove large mushrooms in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
How to Remove Large Mushrooms in Disney Dreamlight Valley
There are multiple watering can upgrades you can obtain throughout your Disney Dreamlight Valley playthrough that impacts what obstacles you can remove. Below are the three most important:
- Default Royal Watering Can: This allows you to water plants.
- First Upgrade: Allows you to remove small mushrooms. You’ll obtain it after completing “A Dark Experiment.”
- Second Upgrade: Allows you to remove large mushrooms. You’ll obtain it after finishing “The Final Trial.”
If you don’t already have the first watering can upgrade, you’ll have to level up Merlin’s friendship enough to access the “A Dark Experiment” quest. After gathering the mushrooms, emeralds, and purified shards for it, you’ll gain the first upgrade. However, you’ll have to take it a step further to remove large mushrooms.
Removing large mushrooms in Disney Dreamlight Valley requires you to raise Merlin to friendship level 10. From here, you’ll unlock a quest named “The Final Trial”, asking you to gather mushrooms, an Ice Heart, and Falling Water. Using these three ingredients, you’ll craft Watering Can Upgrade Ointment. After giving it to Merlin, you’ll receive the final upgrade! If you don’t know how to find them, below are some brief descriptions:
- Mushrooms: Use your current watering can to break small mushrooms. If you run out, forage white mushrooms in the Glade of Trust.
- Falling Water: Head to the Glade of Trust and walk to the river’s end near the orb pillar. Look for sparkles on the ground and interact with them to find the water.
- Ice Heart: Plant the Ice Tear Seed and water it. It’ll grow instantly, allowing you to harvest the Ice Heart.
After unlocking the strongest watering can imaginable, you can walk toward any large mushroom and pour water on them. They’ll disappear, allowing you to clear out obstacles, including those blocking the bridges in the Glade of Trust and Forest of Valor.
Disney Dreamlight Valley is available to play on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation platforms through the official website. If you’re interested in reading more about the game, check out How to Approach Every Animal and our Critters’ Favorite Food Guide.