Long sessions of Minecraft can be very immersive experiences when you just get lost in an endless blocky world, but for total immersion, there is VR! Minecraft as a first-person view game with relatively simple graphics is a perfect match for VR, but can you play it on Oculus Quest 2? Let’s find out.
Related: How Many Different Blocks are in Minecraft? – Answered
How to Play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2
Okay, so both Java and Bedrock editions can be played in VR mode with Oculus Quest 2, but the setup is a little bit different.
How to Play Minecraft Bedrock Edition on Oculus Quest 2
The Bedrock version has native VR support, so the process is pretty straightforward.
- Install Oculus Link
- In Oculus Link, install Minecraft
- If you do not have it already, go and buy and install Minecraft Bedrock Edition from Microsoft Store
- Connect Oculus Quest 2 to PC with USB 3.0 cable
- Go into the Oculus Link and start Minecraft
How to Play Minecraft Java Edition on Oculus Quest 2
Since the Java edition of Minecraft does not have native support for VR, a slight workaround with tools such as Vicecraft and Virtual Desktop is required.
- Install Steam VR
- Next, install Vivecraft
- During Vivecraft installation, dedicate at least half of your RAM to Minecraft VR
- Next, install and start Virtual Desktop
- Connect your Oculus Quest 2 and PC with USB 3.0 cable
- Start Steam VR
- Start Minecraft Launcher
- Select Vivecraft as your profile and go into Minecraft VR
Now you know how to run Minecraft in VR mode with Oculus Quest 2. Have fun!
For more Minecraft here on Prima Games check some of the following – How to Make Green Dye in Minecraft, Best Minecraft Prison Servers (February 2023), and What does Channeling do in Minecraft? – Answered.