To survive in the brutal world of the Sons of the Forest you will need tools and weapons, but also some keycards! Keycards will grant you access to some interesting locations that usually hide some really useful items and secrets. There are three different keycards in the game that you need to get, and in this guide, we will show you how to obtain the Maintenance Keycard in Sons of the Forest.
Related: Where to Find the Katana in Sons of the Forest?
How to Obtain the Maintenance Keycard in Sons of the Forest
The Maintenance Keycard can be found at the very beginning of the game. The location where you will find it is very close to the helicopter crash site where you start your Sons of the Forest adventure. However, you will need a shovel, to find out how to get it, check out our video guide on how to get shovel in Sons of the Forest. Once you get your shovel, head to the location marked on the map below.
Once you reach the location:
- Look for the place to dig, it is marked with a little shovel icon that you will spot on the ground.
- Once you find the right spot, use the shovel to dig until you reveal a hatch.
- Open the hatch and go down the corridor.
- Follow the corridor until you get to the door (on the right).
- Open the door and get into the room, on the left side, there will be a table with the card on top of it
Congratulations, you now have Maintenance Keycard in your inventory, so now you can proceed to get that sweet Katana blade!
For more Sons of the Forest guides here on Prima Games check out some of the following – Why Can’t I Sleep in Sons of the Forest? – Sleeping Mechanics Explained, How to Get the Rebreather in Sons of the Forest, and Where to Find the 3D Printer in Sons of the Forest?