Disney Dreamlight Valley is full of quests that require you to find hidden areas, solve riddles and fetch items for other characters. How many can you think of that combines all three, though? Right here is a great example! After reaching Friendship level 10 with Mickey and speaking to him, you’ll have to go on a short, magical adventure with him. If you’re interested in learning more, continue reading to find a comprehensive guide on completing the Secret Door quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
Disney Dreamlight Valley: The Secret Door Quest Guide
Below are the steps for completing the “The Secret Door” quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley:
- Try opening Mickey’s chest in your inventory.
- Talk to Mickey.
- Refer to Mickey’s Memory to find the secret door.
- You found the door! Use your magic on the curtain.
- Talk to Mickey.
- Use the riddle to unlock the Secret Door.
- You did it! Go inside and see what’s there.
- What is this secret room? Talk to Mickey to see what he remembers.
When you reach Friendship level 10 with Mickey and complete his prerequisite quests, he’ll tell you about a magical chest he found. Since he can’t open it, he asks you, the one with magical powers, to open it. The chest will appear in your inventory and, upon interacting with it, will reveal a secret gem door. Talk to Mickey to proceed.
Once you return to Mickey, he’ll exclaim that he gained a new memory! He remembers the door and a riddle. The riddle reads:
- “Turrets and towers you will behold. Within: a door for things new and old.”
In the memory, you’ll find maroon curtains and a gem door. Aside from this, though, you won’t find any obvious indicators. Where is a place where you’ll find pink curtains and a lot of towers? Dream Castle. Head inside the castle, turn right and head towards the four potted plants to progress further.
After walking into the area and finding the next step in the quest, interact with the purple curtain. You’ve found the secret door! There’s a problem, though. There is only one gem in it! Talk to Mickey again to hear a continuation of the riddle from earlier. The full passage is as follows:
- “Turrets and towers you will behold. Within: a door for things new and old. It needs no key you’ve ever known. To open this door, find matching stones.”
Mickey’s second riddle verse reveals that you’ll have to gather the remaining gems and insert them into the door. Using the memory image as a reference, you’ll need four gems total:
- Aquamarine – Found in Dazzle Beach and the Forest of Valor
- Garnet – Found in the Plaza and Peaceful Meadow
- Citrine – Found in Sunlit Plateau and the Glade of Trust
- Tourmaline – Found in Sunlit Plateau and Frosted Heights
Once you’ve collected all four gems, head back to the door and place them into the slots. Open the door to discover an old room filled with books, shelves and other furniture. After speaking to Mickey one last time, he’ll give you a beautiful fountain as a token of friendship, concluding the Secret Door quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
Disney Dreamlight Valley is available to play on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation platforms through the official website. If you’d like to explore other quest guides, check out our Shine a Light Quest Guide and Remy’s Recipe Book Quest Guide.