Disney Dreamlight Valley allows you to farm, mine and dig up valuable resources to use however you wish. While many are useful for quests, you can also craft your own items and furniture. Gems, though, are most helpful during missons or selling to Goofy. As one of the most valuable commodities in the game, you’ll often find yourself wanting to get your hands on a few gems throughout your playthrough.
All Gem Types, Prices, And Mining Spots in Disney Dreamlight Valley
Gems are an essential resource in Disney Dreamlight Valley. They are not only required for some quests but also incredibly valuable! If you want to make money quickly, sell some gems to get anywhere from a couple hundred to thousands of star coins! Additionally, if you find a gem’s rare, shiny variant, you’ll make even more money!
All Gem Types and Prices in Disney Dreamlight Valley
There are nine different gems, each with one shiny version that quadruples their value. Below is a list of every gem in the game, their price and where you’ll find them in Disney Dreamlight Valley:
- Amethyst and Shiny Amethyst – 500 and 2000 Star Coins: Found in the Forgotten Lands and Frosted Heights.
- Aquamarine and Shiny Aquamarine – 250 and 1000 Star Coins: Found in Dazzle Beach and the Forest of Valor.
- Citrine and Shiny Citrine – 380 and 1520 Star Coins: Found in Sunlit Plateau and Glade of Trust.
- Diamond and Shiny Diamond – 600 and 2400 Star Coins: Found in the Forgotten Lands.
- Emerald and Shiny Emerald – 325 and 1300 Star Coins: Found in the Forest of Valor and Glade of Trust.
- Garnet and Shiny Garnet – 160 and 640 Star Coins: Found in Peaceful Meadow and the Plaza.
- Peridot and Shiny Peridot – 200 and 800 Star Coins: Found in Dazzle Beach and Peaceful Meadow.
- Topaz and Shiny Topaz – 240 and 960 Star Coins: Found in the Plaza.
- Tourmaline and Shiny Tourmaline – 420 and 1680 Star Coins: Found in Frosted Heights and Sunlit Plateau.
Where Do You Mine Gems?
Around these different regions, you’ll find rocks you can mine using your royal pickaxe. If you don’t have the pickaxe yet, you’ll have to finish the Royal Tools quest and locate it before proceeding!
After getting your pickaxe, look around until you find black rocks. As you break these, you’ll mostly find stone and coal. However, there is a chance that they’ll drop a gemstone for you to pick up. If you’re really lucky, you’ll find a shiny gem! Once you’ve found your first gem, you can either store it for future use or sell it.
Disney Dreamlight Valley is available to play on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation platforms through the official website. If you’re interested in learning more about the game, check out All Disney Dreamlight Valley Characters Revealed So Far and our Disney Dreamlight Valley Energy and Exhaustion Guide