While many celebrate Halloween by trick-or-treating, many are also enjoying the newest Disney Dreamlight Valley update! There are plenty of exciting changes this time around, the most notable being various accessibility changes and warnings regarding visual effects in the game. If you’re interested in learning more, continue reading to find the entirety of Disney Dreamlight Valley’s October 31 Hotfix patch notes alongside the various improvements made to the game.
Disney Dreamlight Valley October 31 Hotfix Patch Notes
Let’s get right into the meat and potatoes of it, shall we? Below are the full October 31 patch notes as highlighted on the official Disney Dreamlight Valley website:
Improvements & Optimization:
- Improved performance and stability on Xbox.
- Added Seizure Warning during the game’s boot sequence.
- Added toggle in Settings menu to remove in-game flash effects. This impacts lighting visual asset that flashes during storms, white flashing effects in the clouds during storms and flashing effects upon successfully catching fish.
- Added toggle in Settings menu to remove in-game screen shake effects. This will impact screen shake upon successfully catching a fish, completing mining actions and completing digging actions. It also impacts screen wobble while waiting during fishing actions
- Removed exhaustion effect.
- Improved clarity of Sunlit Plateau story quest objective description involving root beer.
- Fixed quest blocker for Mother Gothel’s “Restoring The Sunstone” quest.
- Fixed an issue preventing villagers from accepting meals in Chez Remy.
- Fixed the castle motif on the Disney Castle t-shirt.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from picking up some items at the base of palm trees on Dazzle Beach.
- Fixed the Toy Story-themed Fancy Table to allow objects placed on it to be picked up.
- Moved a lamp in Mickey’s house to prevent objects from getting stuck behind it.
- Scar’s Friendship quest and gifting will now only become available after completing the Sunlit Plateau story quest.
- Halloween rewards acquired from Dreamlight Duties can now be properly bought again from Scrooge’s Delivery.
- Pressing “B” (Circle) now properly skips dialog boxes.
- The “Trick or Treat” Dreamlight Duty now properly requires gifting candies to characters.
- The Webbed Tree in the Villains Star Path can now be found under the Foliage category in the Wardrobe menu.
- Various online service improvements.
- Scar’s Volcano Stove now requires coal to cook with.
- Scar’s Volcano Stove can now be selected after being placed in the world.
- The Collection menu will now update itself properly after collecting items.
- Swapped the item color of Moana’s level 10 Friendship item to its intended color scheme.
That concludes the entire Disney Dreamlight Valley Hotfix released today, October 31, 2022. Make sure to check out the official announcement on the Disney Dreamlight Valley website for more information.
Disney Dreamlight Valley is available to play on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation platforms through the official website. If you’re interested in learning more about the game, check out How to Make Sake Maki and How to Make Fish Steak in Disney Dreamlight Valley.