Throughout the past few months, we’ve caught glimpses of new features and items featured in The Sims 4’s free Infants Update releasing in March 2023. A recent livestream illustrated a ton of items and features added in both the Infants update and Growing Together expansion, and we’re here to tell you all about it. If you’d like to learn more, continue reading to find a comprehensive guide of every confirmed item and feature added in the Sims 4 Infants Update.
Related: Children in The Sims 4 Are Finally Getting New Aspirations For the First Time
All Confirmed Items and Features Coming to The Sims 4 Infants Update
Numerous furniture items, Create-a-Sim additions, and other features are included in the Infants update. Even in the initial reveal trailer, we learned about new features like breastfeeding, new cribs, various toys, and, of course, the new titular life stage where everything comes together.
That said, below is a list of all confirmed additions to the Sims 4 Infants update!
During the livestream mentioned before, the Sims 4 team showed off many new furniture items in the update. While many included small decorative items, new beds, and toys are also planned for your infants to enjoy! Below is the full list:
- Large llama decorations
- Cribs of different sizes and designs that you can turn into toddler beds
- A mix of floor rugs of various designs and sizes
- Fox lamps
- Knickknack items like baby wipes, lotions, and other infant necessities
- Baskets of toys
- Small wall bookshelves holding baby books
- Towel holding shelves
- Animal laundry baskets
- Various wall decorations and new wallpapers
A small detail in the livestream included the names of at least three new toys, each titled the Koalafied Best Buddy, Kindermade Kinderrattle and Little Squeakheart.
Alongside numerous furniture additions, the Create-a-Sim menu also has plenty of new clothes for your little ones! While pinpointing every single clothing item is challenging, below are some outfits and body details you can expect to find:
- Dozens of new shirts and pants
- Animal onesies
- A formal suit and tie
- Dresses and other one-piece outfits
- Various hats, including a helmet and rabbit hat, among others
- Baby glasses
- Unique hairstyles
- Teeth customization
- Birthmarks on the face and body (across all ages!)
While some of these additions are just for babies, others are for all ages! Some are exclusive to older Sims, including stretch marks and c-section scars. You can customize your character to choose whether your Sim can produce milk!
Related: What Are the Motive Trials in the Sims 4? – Answered
While the Create-a-Sim details and furniture are incredibly exciting, there are other gameplay additions to outline. Below is a list of various features:
- Burping Babies
- Science babies
- Playpens with child safety features and baby proofing
- Infant-specific traits: Cautious, Sensitive, Calm, Intense, Wiggly and Sunny
- Improvements to bath time to include a baby seat
- Unique adult Sim models for carrying and holding the baby
- New baby food, including vegetable and fruit purees and cereal, among others
- Adults can play lullabies to lull infants to sleep
Related: The New Sims 4 Infants Update Adds Much-Needed Child Safety Options and Surrogacy
While this list doesn’t include every little feature planned for the Sims 4 Infants update, these are a few highlighted during livestreams and other promotional material before its release on March 14, 2023.
The Sims 4 is available on PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 through the official website. If you’d like to learn more about the game, check out When is The Sims 4 Infants Update Coming Out and How to Find Forest Spirits in The Sims 4: Snowy Escape.