Looking to do everything in Stranger of Paradise? Staring at that Platinum Trophy and drooling a little? At this point you’ve probably figured out the whole Chaos thing, so what else can you do with all that excess Murderthirst? One of the weirder trophies to get is completing all the Side Missions because SoP isn’t exactly clear about a couple of small details.
So, I’ve put together a list of all the Side Missions. Well, not quite all of them. The tutorial ones aren’t exactly secrets. Anyway, the most important factor here is that you need to complete the whole story to get all the core Side Missions (difficulty isn’t a factor). But there are seven more hidden Side Missions you won’t even see unless you unlock them.
Below you’ll see a list of Side Missions, with the relevant prerequisite in parenthesis. These are mostly Main Mission related, but not 100%. The objectives in Side Missions vary, from defeating a certain number of juiced-up monsters, finding a special item, or surviving some kind of gauntlet.
- Azure Memories: The Betrayer (The Journey Begins)
- Azure Memories: The Believer (Illusion at Journey’s End)
- Azure Memories: The Overconfident (Complete Audience with the Dark Elf)
- Indigo Memories: The Damned (Natural Distortion)
- Scarlet Memories: The Erudite (Memories of Wind)
- Indigo Memories: The Trapped (Memories of Fire)
- Azure Memories: The Sacrifice (To Remember)
- Ebon Memories: The Tragic Cynic (The False Warriors)
- Ebon Memories: The Yearner (The False Warriors)
- Ebon Memories: The Truthseeker (The False Warriors)
- Ebon Memories: The Power-Hungry (The False Warriors)
- Azure Memories: The Rebel (Schemes of the Past)
- Scarlet Memories: The Fallen (Remembering Home)
- Coral Memories: The Avenger (Remembering Home)
- Ebon Memories: The Soul Seeker (The Suffering of Fools)
- Ebon Memories: The Warrior (Warriors of Calamity)
- Ebon Memories: The Guided (Ebon Memories: The Soul Seeker and Warriors of Calamity)
Hidden Side Quests
To unlock these, you need to find a Memory Memento hidden in their respective prerequisite Missions. These are glowing, floating, purple orbs usually tucked into some obscure corner. That said, the paths to get there are more visible; you just have to remember to look for them. Be thorough!
- Bound by Crimson Memories (Hidden in Natural Distortion)
- Scarlet Memories: The Savior (Hidden in A Familiar Place)
- Indigo Memories: The Humiliated (Hidden in Memories of Poison)
- Azure Memories: The Stymied (Hidden in Memories of Earth)
- Indigo Memories: The Deceived (Hidden in Memories of Fire)
- Coral Memories: The Greedy (Hidden in To Remember)
- Indigo Memories: The Stabbed (Hidden in The Suffering of Fools)
Once you’ve taken out all these Side Missions, you’ll earn that tricky trophy. Most of the other trophies are pretty obvious; there isn’t really anything to unlock in Stranger of Paradise besides these and CHAOS mode. Either way, the Side Missions also happen to be great ways to test yourself, especially those Ebon Memories gauntlets, which are nastier than anything else in the game.