Lies of P has just been officially released, but it’s already getting its first official update with tons of changes. They are mostly based on feedback received by many players through the first week and are aimed at giving a more fair experience to players. This includes making Respec an easier task and rebalancing certain opponents’ HP. Those pesky butterflies can’t run for long now! Here are the Lies of P Patch Notes for Update 184.108.40.206.
Lies of P 1.2.0 Patch Notes
Update Notes Version 1.2.0
Field Monster Balance Changes
– Decreased the HP of certain field monsters
– Increased the chance of breaking some monsters’ stance and the frequency of stagger
– Increased the staggerable window time
Decrease the HP of all 3 types of Dimensional Butterflies
Adjusted the rewards for some monsters
– Increased the drop rate of Moonstone type items
– Decreased the drop rate of Star Fragments
– Increased the drop rate of Ergo items
– Increased the Ergo rewards of certain monsters that appear after Lorenzini Arcade”
Boss Monster Balance Changes
– Decreased the HP of ‘Fallen Archbishop Andreus’
– Decreased the HP of ‘King of Puppets’ in the first phase
– Decreased the HP of ‘Simon Manus, Arm of God’
– Decreased the damage of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God’
– Increased the chance to break the stance of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God'”
Increased the Specter’s HP and damage
System Changes Related to the Character Progression Reset
– Added the feature to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms at the ‘Gold Coin Tree’
– Characters created after this patch will now receive 8 Gold Coin Fruits instead of 5 for their first harvest
– Adjusted the required amount of gold coins to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms
– Players will now be able to carry more weight for each point spent on Capacity
– Decreased the weight of Amulets that could be purchased with Boss Ergo
– Players will now be able to land attacks better when they use fable arts that consume three or more slots. (includes Fable Arts that stack)
– Successfully performing the Fable Art ‘Guard Parry’ will now break the monster’s stance
Now supports the DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ controllers on Windows OS devices
After today’s update, if the DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ UI does not appear properly please follow the steps below.
1. Steam Library -> Right Click Lies of P -> Properties -> Controller
2. Disable Steam Input
** The DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ controller’s touch pad can be used to open the menu
– Fixed a bug with the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium II – Acid Charge’ rarely not working properly.
– Fixed a bug that the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium’ consumed only Legion guage while using Grindstones
– Fixed a bug that Geppetto’s face to flicker in the cutscene after defeating the ‘Nameless Puppet’ with Graphic Quality Presets – Low
– Fixed a typo of Carlo Collodi in the End Credits. (We sincerely apologize to Mr. Collodi and that was not a lie!)
[PS4 Controller Settings Resetting Issue]
Changes made to controller settings cannot be saved when the [Use X button for Enter] option is disabled. This feature is exclusive to PS4 systems in Asian regions. If you are facing constant resetting of your PS4 controller settings, please follow the instructions below to enable the [Use X button for Enter] option.
PS4 User Guide: https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/crossbutton.html To change the key binding for ‘Confirm’ from the O button to the X button, navigate to [Settings] → [System], and check the [Use X button for Enter] checkbox.
[Inability to Proceed to Chapter 3]
Some players have encountered difficulties in advancing to subsequent chapters due to abnormal actions, such as passing through doors in unconventional ways. To resolve this issue, please follow the instructions below:
- Install the latest patch.
- Launch the game and activate any Stargazer ability.
- Visit the Hotel and interact with Geppetto to trigger a P-Organ cutscene.
- Acquire the Krat City Hall Key.
[DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ Controller Display Error on Windows]
If you trigger keyboard input while using the DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ controller on a Windows operating system, the game’s input UI may switch to that of a keyboard. In this case, the key binding for ‘Menu’ will be displayed as ‘C’, instead of ‘ESC’.
Lots of nerfs to some of the most obnoxious bosses here. The King will still kick your ass the same way when he gets to the second phase, but maybe having a stronger Specter will make things more accessible. More build variety is also now possible thanks to the Weight changes, which are always welcome to make you feel more comfortable with whatever weapon you choose to go with.