Overwatch 2, Blizzard’s highly-anticipated online hero-shooter, is right around the corner, and you’ve more than likely noticed a new bundle being offered in preparation of its release. With Overwatch 2 transitioning over to a free-to-play model, players can expect rotating bundles and exclusive offers regularly in its new in-game shop. Though, with a hefty $39.99 USD price tag, you may be wondering if the bundle really gives you the bang for your buck. So, is the Overwatch 2 Watchpoint Pack worth it? We’ve got your answer here.
What’s Included in the Overwatch 2 Watchpoint Pack
The Overwatch 2 Watchpoint Pack costs $39.99 USD, which can be a big ask for some players. Though, if you decide to take the plunge, here’s what you’ll receive:
- Space Raider Solider: 76 / Space Raider Cassidy
- Two brand new Legendary skins for your favorite sharp-shooters.
- 5 More Legendary Skins
- Five other Overwatch 1 Legendary skins.
- Overwatch 2 Season 1 Premium Battle Pass
- Unlock the Premium Battle Pass and gain instant-access to the new hero, Kiriko.
- 2000 Overwatch 2 Coins
- A nice chunk of premium currency to use in the in-game shop.
- Overwatch 2 Exclusive Player Icon
- Bragging rights to display on your player profile.
- 5 Epic Skins
- Want even more skins? Another five Overwatch 1 Epic skins are included.
- Overwatch: Legendary Edition
- For those that don’t yet own Overwatch 1, the Watchpoint Pack includes the Legendary Edition – containing five additional Legendary skins.
Is the Overwatch 2 Watchpoint Pack Worth It?
Accessing the Season One Premium Battle Pass with an additional 2,000 Overwatch 2 coins already brings the value of the Watchpoint Pack to $30 USD. Throwing in the seven Legendary skins, five Epic skins, and the Overwatch: Legendary Edition (for players that don’t yet own it) bumps that value up to well over $40 USD. Not to mention, the extra 2,000 Overwatch 2 coins essentially pays for the next two season’s Premium Battle Passes should you choose to save them – meaning even more Legendary skins and exclusive content.
In short, if you love Overwatch – yeah, it’s totally worth it. If you don’t own Overwatch and can’t wait until October 4 to jump in and try it, it’s definitely worth it.
Overwatch 2 releases on October 4, 2022 as a free-to-play game. For more information, check out our other guides here at Prima Games.