A new update for Hunt: Showdown is here and comes bringing with it console crossplay, a ton of new weapons and monsters, game fixes, and more. For those playing on console, here is what you need to know about Hunt: Showdown update v.1.03.
Hunt: Showdown v1.03
Regarding the Hunt: Showdown crossplay that was just enabled, at this time that only works between console players; namely Xbox One and PlayStation 4 gamers. The studio mentioned in their latest update that players can enable the crossplay pool by searching for "Random Partner" when looking to head into the game. Not sure which system belongs to who? Crytek mentioned that each player will have their console of choice icon attached to their name. Both platforms are very similar so it's not that important to know what others are playing on, that's usually reserved for PC players with mouse and keyboard, but if you're curious, there is at least a clear indicator for which system is being used.
What else is new?
The 1.03 update also adds a new time of day with the new Sunset feature as well as a new Blood Bonds Legendary Hunter: The Redneck. My inner Mass Effect also squealed when I saw the new AI variant called Dr. Grunt who is very much not a Krogan but still dangerous nonetheless. Grunt carries with him a poisoned saw, the newly added Decoy Fuses as well as a new weapon rework called Avtomat.
The latest update also allowed for some much-needed bug fixes and general improvements, which you can learn more about with a small glimpse of the official patch notes below:
Update on previously reported issues
- We are aware that crashes have affected many player's overall experience, and we are looking into these with the highest priority. Until now, we were not able to track the errors properly, but included with this update, we have added markers to help us identify the cause of the reported crashes mainly on PlayStation. Unfortunately, this update does not include fixes for these issues yet, but will help us tackle them much quicker and fix them as soon as possible with a Hotfix.
- Implemented various Bug fixes to reported problems.
- The DLC Bundle images appear incorrectly in the store, make sure to read the description before buying them.
- We have noticed some rendering issues on the PS4, we will keep you updated regarding this.
- New Grunt AI variation
- Carries a medical kit (similar to the ones players can find at resupply stations or randomly in the world) on his back that he drops when killed.
- Wields a rusty bone saw that causes poison damage.
- New Armored AI variation.
- Fully entangled in concertina wire, this Armored causes bleeding damage when a Hunter gets too close.
- More resistant to melee attacks in general.
- Less resistant to all types of bullets.
- Hunter Footsteps
- Adjusted the pitch of footsteps to sound slightly higher for teammates and slightly lower for enemies compared to Player footsteps.
- Slightly increased the audible distance of breaking branches that can be found in forest areas.
Mosin-Nagant M1891 Obrez Drum
- An Obrez variant that features the 15 round drum magazine known from the Avtomat variant on this classic bolt-action.
- With a 15/0 ammo pool, total ammunition remains the same however, the Obrez Drum does not need to be reloaded during a fight.
- Available in the Mosin-Nagant M1891 unlock tree within the Book of Weapons, found between the Mosin-Nagant Sniper and Mosin-Nagant Avtomat variants.
Henry-Martini IC1 Marksman
- A Martini-Henry variant with an attached medium-sized marksman scope for increased ranged capabilities.
- Available at the end of the Martini-Henry unlock tree in the Book of Weapons.
- New tool with three charges.
- Mimics a lit explosive when thrown, but does not explode or deal damage after its fuse time.
- Can be used to deceive opponents and flush them out of cover.
- Can be used to break stalemates by pushing into seemingly hazardous positions.
- New unlock option for the Deception tree in the Book of Weapons.
- Decoy Fuses play a tiny explosion sound when they explode.
- A new trait that allows lever-action rifles like the Winfield series to rapid-fire when aiming from the shoulder.
- Hard to control, but allows shots to be fired at a staggering rate of fire. Levering gives additional flexibility in close range to stand your ground against Shotguns and other rapid-fire weapons.
- Like "Fanning" for single-action revolvers, Levering does not work when aiming down sights (ADS).
- Reworked Chaos Bomb patterns and added more weapon sounds for it to be more likely interpreted as real gunfights.
- Improved handling of successive heavy melee attacks for some bayonet and talon variants.
- Improved handling of successive heavy melee attacks for the crossbow.
- Systemically - just like with Levering - Fanning now also causes slightly increased crosshair spread bloom compared to when firing it normally.
- Consistency pass made on the time it takes to get 100% accuracy when entering scope view across all aperture, deadeye, marksman and sniper weapon variants.
- Derringer, Throwing Knives, Decoys and Blankfire Decoys are now 100% refilled when their tool slot is randomly chosen for resupply upon looting a dead Hunter or using an Item Box. All other items still only receive one extra use per interaction.
- Reduced the stamina cost for Heavy Attacks with the Knuckle Knife to allow 6 instead of 4 heavy attacks
- Balancing pass for weapon projectiles that increases damage-retention over distance based on bullet type:
- In general damage drop curves have been smoothened out, resulting in most projectiles losing less damage as they travel.
- Compact Bullets have seen the biggest boost, most notably the Winfield rifles, retaining their damage much better at medium to long-distance also resulting in overall increased effective range for headshot kills.
- New Compact Pistol Bullet and Medium Pistol Bullet sub-classes have been introduced to better help balance rifles vs. handguns using the same Compact or Medium ammo class.
- So far this was only the case for Long ammo with the Uppercut, which has a stronger damage drop over distance than Long ammo rifles in comparison.
- The new pistol variants help ensure that the headshot range boost does not go through the roof for handguns for those cases where we want to boost rifles.
- Powerful handguns like the Uppercut and Dolch now receive a stronger competition at short to medium distances as they remain largely unchanged when it comes to damage per shot or headshot range compared to their smaller cousins.
For the full list of changes and additions in Hunt: Showdown in addition to the crossplay and new weapons, you can check out the full patch notes right here. For those playing on PC, the above update is the same update you received back in April.