Boon Marrabbio is a new secret character and one of three new characters total in Vampire Survivors patch 0.6.1. Boon is fairly easy to unlock and in this guide, we’ll show you how. The riddle reads “Follow the trail after pillaging Pummarola and Skull O’Maniac from the Mad Forest”.
Follow the trail after pillaging Pummarola and Skull O’Maniac from the Mad Forest Solution
The steps on how to obtain Boon Marrabbio in Vampire Survivors are fairly easy, but it will take you a bit to complete them:
- Collect the Yellow Sign. How to Unlock the Yellow Sign in The Holy Forbidden. Without it, this sequence is impossible.
- Collect 100 Floor Chickens. You do not need to do this in one single run. The game counts the amount of picked-up chickens from the moment it is installed. If you have already picked 100 of them before patch 0.6.1, it will count them.
- Pick up Skull O’ Maniac and Pummarola in the first stage (Mad Forest) or choose them when leveling up. They need to be at least level 1. Pummarola (red Heart icon) is in the south part of the map, whereas Skull O’Maniac is on the northwest. Make sure to pick up Pummarola first, since Boon Marrabbio is much closer to Skull O’Maniac.
- Follow the Pies (no seriously, we hope you’re hungry because this stage makes quite nice pies).
- From the moment the first Pie spawns the secret boss will start walking toward you. Following the Pies leads you right to him. They do not appear a lot of times so keep your eyes wide open. He is located somewhere above the Metaglio Left and left from the Hollow Heart pickup spot on the map. He hits fairly decently and is not that fast, so this is just an attrition battle because he has just too much HP. It will take around 10 minutes. Upon defeating the shadowy entity, you can leave the game or conclude the stage in any other manner, and then purchase Boon Marrabbio.
Marrabbio’s starter weapon is the Thousand Edge. Their bonuses are +20 Max Health, +30% Movement Speed, +20% Might, -80% Greed, +10% Curse, and -110% Speed. This will in essence (depending on your speed level pre-game) either make the projectiles go backward, remain in place, or move forward very slowly.
Related: All Secret Characters in Vampire Survivors
A bit of trivia for the end of the article: Their name is similar to Noob Saibot’s name from Mortal Kombat, and the Skull O’Maniac (head) and Pummerola (heart) probably refer to parts of the body that commonly get destroyed during fatalities in the game. Marrabbio is just Gennaro but recolored, similar to how Noob is a recolor of Sub-Zero.
Now check out our other Vampire Survivors patch 0.6.1 guides by clicking the links below:
- How to Unlock Iguana Gallo Valletto and Infinite Corridor
- How to Unlock Divano Thelma and Crimson Shroud
- How to Unlock Arcana XII Out of Bounds and XIV Jail of Crystal Achievements