Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the fastest-selling Call of Duty of all time, destroying records with an $800 million opening week. And big sales mean big lobbies. If you want to pare down those numbers and only play with people on the same platform as you, here’s the solution to your problems.
How to Turn Off Crossplay in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for PC
Want to stop your lobbies from filling with console players? Unfortunately, there’s no way you can do so right now. Activision hasn’t commented on when that feature will come, but this space will be updated when it does.
How to Turn Off crossplay in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for PlayStation
For console, once you’ve hit the main menu, look to the upper right of your screen. You should see the icons for Home, Channels, Notifications, and Settings.
Tab over to settings, then scroll down to Account and Network. Click it, and you should see ‘Crossplay’ listed at the top. If it’s green, click it, and that should disable Crossplay. If it’s gray, it’s already been disabled.
How to Turn Off Crossplay in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox
Unfortunately, the solution isn’t as easy for Xbox players. You’ll need to do some extra legwork and go into the settings for your console itself. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Navigate to your Xbox’s Profile and System menu.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’, beneath the option to sign out.
- Once you’re in Settings, in the General menu select ‘Online safety & family’
- Select ‘Privacy & online safety’,
- Then go into ‘Xbox privacy’,
- Choose ‘View Details & customize’,
- Then select ‘Communication & multiplayer’,
- The second block, which is titled ‘You can join cross-network play’, is the one we’re interested in. Switch the option from ‘allow’ to ‘block’ and your player pool will be exclusively players on Xbox.
You might need to restart your console for the switch to happen, and it’s important to remember that this option affects all games, not just Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.