The Jetpack is an expensive toy in Lethal Company, and it can be hard to handle. So, players often crash and burn in an attempt to fly around the Moon that they’ve landed on. Here is exactly how to fly a Jetpack safely.
How to Get a Jetpack in Lethal Company
You can get a Jetpack while you’re on the ship. Simply access the Terminal, type in “jetpack, ” then confirm the purchase by typing “c” and hitting Enter. This command will have one jetpack delivered to you after landing on the Moon. If you want to get two jetpacks for you and your crewmates, type in “jetpack 2”. One Jetpack costs 700 Credits usually.
How to Use the Jetpack in Lethal Company
After picking up the Jetpack from the delivery machine and equipping it with your scroll wheel, it’s time for liftoff. Here are the most important things you need to know regarding flying with a Jetpack in Lethal Company:
- Have patience, and don’t rush anything; try not to make any sudden moves. Due to how the Jetpack is designed in Lethal Company, steadiness and calmness will have to be your virtues as you’re trying to pilot this gadget.
- You can take off by holding your left mouse click and jumping to initiate the takeoff sequence. That is the most effective way, as you will gain a small inertia boost from the jump. The first practice session should be flying up, maintaining your height, and landing safely. That’s what I can’t teach you precisely; you need to get a feel for fighting gravity in this game. With enough practice, you’ll get perfect landings. Also, knowing how to control the Jetpack is crucial when you actually start rotating your character mid-air. To some, it may seem like piloting an FPV drone.
- Do not hold your left mouse click for longer than five seconds. If you do this, your jetpack will explode and kill you, and every player that had the misfortune of being around you. Instead, create breaks, no matter how short they are. Audible warnings will be heard when you’re in the danger zone.
- In-air controls are:
- W leans your character forward.
- S leans your character backward.
- A leans your character to the left (counterclockwise rotation).
- D leans your character to the right (clockwise rotation).
- The mouse look is just a mouse look; it won’t impact your movement angle.
- Try gradually mastering the art of rotating your character mid-air. There is no braking system mid-air, only gravity. If you flip yourself upside-down at maximum speed, things can and will get out of control quickly, and sometimes, there is no time to make a 180-degree turn mid-air and reduce your speed by accelerating in the opposite direction. This is why you should respect and make use of gravity and just slightly nudge yourself in any direction you want to move yourself in so that you can more easily return to your starting position and commence landing when you reach your desired destination.
Best Uses for Jetpack in Lethal Company
Jetpack is quite a gimmick item; it’s expensive, but it has its uses, no matter how niche they may seem:
- You can escape the Forest Keeper and Eyeless Dogs.
- You can climb up to the Facility entrance, whether it’s a Main or Fire.
- You can try to save yourself from dying from falling into the many pits on the Industrial levels.
- You can explore the Moon from great heights and learn the map layout.
- You can discover a secret easter egg.
That’s all about the Jetpack, I hope you’ll find it amusing. You might want to try it in single player with a Trainer Mod, as that will certainly save you a lot of practice time, especially with the God Mode feature.