Signal Translator is one of the latest additions to Lethal Company, and it’s a very pricy ship upgrade. In this guide, we’ll explain the benefits of the Signal Translator in Lethal Company and if you should use it or not.
How to Use Signal Translator in Lethal Company
If you want to use the Signal Translator in Lethal Company, approach the Terminal and use the following command:
where “XXXXXXXXX” is the message you want to transmit to everyone else and is limited to nine characters, including spaces. This is why you need to be creative with the messages you write. For example, “PRIMAGAMES” cannot fit. The message gets cut off after the 9th character. This, of course, doesn’t mean that you cannot spam your crewmates with consecutive messages to finish your thoughts, but it’s for the best if you can write short messages that will be immediately understandable.
Unfortunately, this is a one-sided way of communication (similar to what Pagers were being used for back in the 1990s), so make sure to have walkie-talkies for more efficient communication.
How to Unlock and Buy Signal Translator in Lethal Company
Signal Translator (dubbed Signal Transmitter by a part of the community) can be unlocked and bought in the ship’s Store. It can be seen in the bottom section under Ship Upgrades, and its regular price is 255 credits.
After you buy the Signal Translator in Lethal Company, a device that looks like a radio will appear on your ship, which you can move around if you want to.
Best Uses for Signal Translator in Lethal Company
Here are some ideas on how you should use the Signal Translator in Lethal Company:
- “DOG SHIP” – notify teammates that an Eyeless Dog is around the ship’s premises without screaming into the walkie-talkie and alarming the said dog.
- “GIANTSHIP” – notify teammates that a Forest Keeper is around the ship. Most of the community calls it a giant anyway, so this message will be understood.
- “KIWI SHIP” – notify teammates that Baboon Hawks are around the ship.
- “FLOODSHIP” – notify teammates that flood will soon sink the terrain and politely ask them to move back before it’s too late.
- “1 DEAD” / “2 DEAD” – notify teammates that crewmates have died.
- “TURRETOFF” – notify teammates that you will turn off turrets in a moment.
- “DOORUNLCK” – notify teammates that you will unlock doors in a moment.
- “TELEPORT” – notify teammates that you will start teleporting crewmates back to the ship.
- “TIME 2 GO” – notify teammates that time is running out and that you must leave.
- “3 PM”, “4 PM”, etc… – notify teammates what’s the time.
- “JEST FIRE” – notify teammates that Jester is at the fire door.
- “COIL MAIN” – notify teammates that Coil-Head is at the main door.
Be creative with this. If you are playing with the same people over and over again, you can agree on certain “codes” that will greatly increase the efficiency of the messages sent through this emergency broadcast system…
If you need more tips, check out our tips and tricks article for Lethal Company.