If you’ve been playing Borderlands 3 and you’re wanting a bit of a break from being constantly bombarded by reminders of Handsome Jack in the Moxxi’s Heist DLC, why not take a crack at some of the other missions buzzing about in the main overworld? Some might even give you cool weapons as a reward. Check out our guide to the Echonet Neutrality Borderlands 3 sidequest for something which ticks both of those boxes and should be a nice way to unwind from all the, uh, heisting.
Echonet Neutrality Borderlands 3 Sidequest Walkthrough
One of the rewards of finishing the Echonet Neutrality Borderlands 3 sidequest is going to be The Two Time unique sniper rifle. If that name sounds a bit familiar, that’s because it’s actually referring to DrDisrespect. Yeah, well, that’s an entire thing, but hey! The special weapon effect here of The Two Time is called “back-to-back consecutive champion” which means that fired bullets instantly arrive at their target. Talk about downright lethal. This Hyperion sniper rifle can roll as a Shock weapon, so if you’re short that particular damage type, give this sidequest a second look.
Now that you’ve got a reason to finish the Echonet Neutrality sidequest, here’s a little more information about it. You can pick it up from Devil’s Razor (or from Claptrap on Sanctuary III) once you’ve completed or at least initiated the main story mission called Blood Drive. Your job, should you choose to accept it, will be to help take care of something affecting how people in the area are using their ECHOnet devices. We’ve outlined the steps for you below:
- Chat to Edgren at Roland’s Rest in Devil’s Razor
- Head out from the Roland’s Rest fast travel point to the ECHO Repeater Center
- Go to the largest structure that you can see which will have a barred door that’s been boarded up
- Demolish the boards and you’ll come across UG-THAK
- Interact with the computer in the newly-visited room to start a prolonged fight
- You can’t hit UG-THAK for now, so turn your attention to the Children of the Vault outside
- Take them down in waves and deal with 5 tubes scattered around the arena
- Head back in and kill UG-THAK
Once you’ve taken out this malevolent device, you’ll essentially be able to head back to Edgren where you’ll get your rewards for completing the Echonet Neutrality Borderlands 3 sidequest, including the sniper rifle we mentioned plus the usual suspects of EXP and gold. Need some help with Vault Hunting outside of this guide? Check out some tips and tricks that we’ve put together for you: