After completing the first Treasure Hunt quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley and maxing out Scrooge McDuck’s friendship, you’ll unlock access to the second part of the mission. That’s right. Scrooge McDuck has finally unravelled the mystery of the treasure, and it is up to you to help him find the grand prize. If you’re interested in learning more, continue reading to find a comprehensive guide on completing the Treasure Hunt Part 2 quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
Disney Dreamlight Valley: The Treasure Hunt Part 2 Quest Guide
Below are the steps for completing the “The Treasure Hunt Part 2” quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley:
- Collect the map from Scrooge McDuck
- Bring the map to Merlin
- Focus your magic on the map in your inventory
- The map turned into a Memory. Discover what secrets it holds.
- Ask Scrooge McDuck about the Lenses of Shadows
- Put on the Lenses of Shadows to search for the treasure
- Find all the pieces of the hidden treasure: Chest x1, Key Piece x2
- Go back to Scrooge McDuck with what you found
- Gather Gold Ingots x2
- Repair the key at your Crafting Station
- Bring the key and the chest to Scrooge McDuck
After reaching friendship level 10 with Scrooge McDuck and progressing through the prerequisite quests, you can speak to him again to start The Treasure Hunt Part 2. He’ll give you a treasure map, which you’ll have to bring to Merlin to gain help with deciphering it.
Once you speak to Merlin, he’ll look at the map and give a modified version back to you that you can interact with in your inventory. To do this, open your inventory and use the map, much like you consume food. A memory will appear, which you’ll have to interact with a second time to progress the quest. After doing this, talk to Scrooge once more.
Following a brief conversation with Scrooge McDuck, he’ll give you the Lenses of Shadows for you to equip. Go into your Wardrobe and put them on before using the memory to search for the hidden treasure. There are three locations you’ll have to visit:
- You’ll find the first Treasure Chest Key Piece in the Forest of Valor. After entering the area, head to the location shown on the map below and dig up the sparkling spot.
- The second Treasure Chest Key Piece is in the bottom-right corner of the Glade of Trust. After entering the area, head to the location shown in the picture below and dig the second sparkling spot.
- You’ll have to head to Frosted Heights to find the Treasure Chest. Head to the top-right corner of the area towards the location shown in the image below. Dig the final glowing spot to find the chest.
After collecting all three items, head back to Scrooge McDuck. He’ll tell you to find gold ingots to repair the broken key. Unfortunately, you’ll have to collect the gold nuggets yourself rather than him helping you out. You can create the two gold ingots at a crafting station using 10 golden nuggets and two coal.
Once you have the ingots, go back into the crafting table interface and fix the Treasure Chest key before talking to Scrooge one last time. He’ll give you 2000 Star Coins and a Spare Safe, which you can place down as a furniture item anywhere you wish. Gaining these two items marks the end of the Treasure Hunt Part 2 quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley!
Disney Dreamlight Valley is available to play on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation platforms through the official website. If you’d like to explore other mission guides, check out our Friends Aren’t Food Quest Guide and Shine a Light Quest Guide.