At last, you’ve reached Friendship Level 10 with Merlin in Disney Dreamlight Valley and await your final quest with him. After starting the mission, you’re greeted with the exciting news that you’ll upgrade your watering can again! Having the ability to get rid of those pesky mushrooms blocking your bridges is a great motivator to get through this quest quickly. If you’re interested in learning more, continue reading to find a comprehensive guide on completing the Final Trial quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
Disney Dreamlight Valley: The Final Trial Quest Guide
Below are the steps for completing the “The Final Trial” quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley:
- Speak to Merlin to begin the quest
- Craft Purified Night Shards x5
- Talk to WALL-E for help in crushing the Purified Night Shards
- Talk to Merlin
- Gather the Ingredients mentioned in the book: Falling Water, Ice Heart, Mushroom
- Craft the enchantment
- Bring Merlin the results of your work.
- Remove a Big Path-Blocking Mushroom
- Talk to Merlin
After starting the quest with Merlin, he’ll tell you about his latest magic project. More specifically, he has learned how to upgrade your watering can but requires some materials to complete the process. Your first task from here is to craft five Purified Night Shards. You’ll need the following resources to make them:
- Night Shard x25 – Obtained from digging sparkling dirt hills
- Dream Shard x5 – Obtained from clearing Night Thorns
Once you’ve made the Purified Night Shards, visit WALL-E to get him to crush them. After showing Merlin the result, he’ll tell you to look at a book and figure out the three ingredients you need next. Below is each material and how to get them:
- Falling Water: Head to the Glade of Trust and follow the river until you find sparkling near the southernmost bridge. Interact with this spot to get the water.
- Ice Heart: Plant the seed, water it and watch it grow! Harvest the plant to get the heart.
- Mushrooms: Forage white mushrooms around the Glade of Trust. You can also use your current watering can to get rid of small patches of purple mushrooms.
Using these three ingredients, head to a crafting station and make the Royal Watering Can Upgrading Ointment under Potion & Enchantment. Return to Merlin once more to show him the bottle. He’ll upgrade your watering can, prompting you to clear out some large mushrooms. Show Merlin your excitement about this discovery to finish the quest and receive your own wizard hat!
Disney Dreamlight Valley is available to play on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation platforms through the official website. If you’d like to learn more about the game, check out whether you can find Alexandrite in Disney Dreamlight Valley and How to Remove Large Mushrooms using your newly-acquired watering can.