Helltide is one of those events that everyone person grinding for Legendary items should hit. That’s because there’s one chest that guarantees at least two red-background items. Here’s how to find all the Helltide Mystery Chests in Diablo 4.
Diablo 4: All Helltide Tortured Gift of Mysteries Chest Locations
Is there anything more beautiful in the infernal Helltides than seeing a Tortured Gift of Mysteries chest pop up? Of course not, because this chest is one of the best guaranteed sources for legendary loot in the game. But these chests can be tricky for three reasons:
- Mystery chests don’t appear on your map until you’re close to them.
- They move around the one-hour mark, meaning you’ll have to hunt it down again.
- They’re expensive, costing 175 Cinders.
But it’s worth it! Here are all the possible Tortured Gift of Mysteries Chest spawn locations in each of the five regions.
Table of Contents
- Chest locations in Scosglen
- Chest locations in Fractured Peaks
- Chest locations in Dry Steppes
- Chest locations in Kehjistan
- Chest locations in Hawezar
- Helltide Chest Timer Explained: How to Get Multiple Mystery Chests
- How to Farm Cinders Quickly
- Aberrant Cinder Requirements Explained
Tortured Gift of Mysteries Chest in Scosglen
Tortured Gift of Mysteries Chest in Fractured Peaks
Tortured Gift of Mysteries Chest in Dry Steppes
Tortured Gift of Mysteries Chest in Kehjistan
Tortured Gift of Mysteries Chest in Hawezar
Diablo 4: Helltide Chest Timer Explained: How to Get Multiple Mystery Chests
Helltides appear on the map every 75 minutes, and generally that means it’s possible to get at least two Mystery chests per Helltide. Here’s how it works.
When a Helltide begins, the Mystery Chest will appear in one of the marked places on the map, as seen above. But once your in-game clock hits a new hour, it will de-spawn and reappear at a new location. That means that you will always be able to get at least two Mystery Chests per Helltide, assuming you’re able to get enough Cinders to purchase them.
How to Farm Helltide Cinders in Diablo 4
I’ve spent a truly ungodly amount of time farming Cinders in Diablo 4. And the fastest method I’ve encountered when it comes to farming them is taking advantage of events and chests spawns.
During Helltides, events will appear across the map. These events will stay in the exact same area and will reset after a few minutes upon competition. These events are a guaranteed way to gather mobs to your location, which will save you the time and effort of chasing down random monsters.
Here’s the best way to farm Cinders in Diablo 4:
- Find an event that’s near multiple chests
- Complete the event
- Go the nearby chest, as it’s almost guaranteed to have a decent mob
- Find a second chest and kill that mob
- Return to event area and complete event
- Ideally do this with friends, clanmates, or even strangers as you’ll clear the event faster
By doing this, you get guaranteed mobs, Murmuring Obols, and you won’t waste time running around the map.
Diablo 4: Helltide Chests Aberrant Cinder Requirements Explained
Not all Tortured Gifts chests are the same. Listed below are each type of Helltide chest, along with it’s Aberrant Cinder cost.
- Tortured Gift of Protection (Armor) – 75 Aberrant Cinders
- Tortured Gift of Jewelry (Rings) – 75 Aberrant Cinders
- Tortured Gift of Jewelry (Amulets) – 125 Aberrant Cinders
- Tortured Gift of Light Weaponry (One-handed weapons) – 125 Aberrant Cinders
- Tortured Gift of Heavy Weaponry (Two-handed weapons) – 150 Aberrant Cinders
- Tortured Gift of Mystery (Unique and Legendary gear) – 175 Aberrant Cinders
Helltides are one of the most effective ways to get Legendary items in Diablo 4. But for hunting down Unique equipment, there’s an even better option. Check out our guide on how to find Unique items here: How to Farm Unique Items in Diablo 4.