Just before the month came to a close. Infinity Ward has announced a new update for Call of Duty: Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2. There are a handful of global changes that were implemented through a minor update to the game along with some fairly game-changing removals in the battle royale.
While global changes are always a welcome addition, it’s certainly the changes that weren’t listed that will have players scratching their heads. However, it’s clear that Infinity Ward is gearing up for Season 2 in Warzone 2. Keep reading below to get the full patch notes that dropped on January 30, 2022.
January 30 Update Patch Notes – COD MW2 & Warzone 2
Before getting to the specific notes, it’s important to address the two largest changes. Both the Birdseye Perk and the Revival Pistols were taken out of Warzone 2. Last Stand, or Survivor as we know it now, was added in place of Birdseye. Perk Packages are set to receive some changes in Warzone 2 Season 2, so this appears to be the start. Below you can find the rest of the patch notes for January 30.
- This update contains several fixes to reduce the number of known crashes. We continue to prioritize increased stability and crash fixes across all platforms.
- Fixed an issue that showed Weapon Decals and Stickers as blocked.
- Fixed an issue where using Spotter Scope could cause target markers to persist when aimed down sights with a Weapon.
- Fixed an issue allowing the Sentry Gun to be placed inside a tank to eliminate enemies.
- Fixed an issue where Gun Screens weren’t showing correctly on the Gunsmith UI tile.
- Fixed an issue in the Gunsmith where Players could be kicked back to the main menu when creating a custom knife.
- Fixed an issue in Gunsmith that could cause knife variants to display incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some Players from saving a custom mod while trying to select a Camo.
- Fixed an issue causing some Players to crash when dismissing a notification.
- Fixed some issues Players were having with accessing and leaving the Firing Range.
- Addressed various issues with the Social menu to improve navigation and functionality.
- Fixed an issue preventing some users from navigating through the Friends/Recent tab after scrolling over the top row.
- Fixed an issue where Calling Card previews are not displaying correctly in the challenge completion animation.
- Fixed a UI issue causing text overlap in the After Action Report.
Warzone 2.0 Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where deploying a Recon Drone near water could cause some Players to lose movement.
- Fixed an issue causing the Rewards section of the Faction Mission menu to display incorrectly.
- Addressed a number of issues impacting the functionality and navigation of equipping and previewing Insured Weapons.
- Fixed an issue where Players could not access Gunsmith to change camos when equipping a Launcher in an Insured Weapon slot.
And that’s all. For more on the latest Call of Duty title, head over to our dedicated Warzone 2 section full of guides, news, updates, and more.