If the recent Rare Chest Riches event that's been kicking around in Borderlands 3 is something that you've been particularly invested in, we definitely don't blame ya. There's something incredibly captivating about hunting for loot in the game, and why wouldn't there be? We're here to help fulfill your loot needs by giving the low down on the Borderlands 3 Red Chest locations on Pandora.
Borderlands 3 Red Chest Locations on Pandora
Not quite sure what the deal is with Red Chests? We can give you a basic rundown if you missed our guide on where to find them in Nekrotafeyo (which we've relinked here in case you want to go exploring there first). Basically, Red Chests have some of the best loot in all of Borderlands 3. We're talking Epic and Legendary quality gear that you don't wanna miss.
We've listed off the Borderlands 3 Red Chest locations on Pandora in alphabetical order so it's easy for you to stay organized. And to be helpful on top of that, here's some help with how to get to the various drop locations too.
Borderlands 3 Red Chest Locations on Pandora - Ascension Bluff (1 chest)
- When you're completing the mission Pandora's Next Top Mouthpiece, you'll find this Red Chest as part of wrapping up the quest.
Borderlands 3 Red Chest Locations on Pandora - Carnivora (2 chests)
- Head for higher ground, eliminating any enemies in your path before crossing a bridge. You'll pass a bunch of containers and toxic barrels en route there but stay your course on the rickety path and you'll see the Red Chest.
- Hop under the half-cracked garage door to find the second Red Chest.
Borderlands 3 Red Chest Locations on Pandora - Cathedral of the Twin Gods (2 chests)
- While you're within the Cathedral, you'll arrive at a door that is framed by wooden boards. Break the obstacle of the boards, go through the hole and head down the cleared area to find a Red Chest.
- If you're taking out Targets of Opportunity for Zer0 and you've been asked to keep an eye on Crushjaw then you'll know where to find this. Enter a purple area once it spawns and you'll fall into a cellar with this Red Chest. If you're unsure, this will be the same topographical level that you need to be on to enter The Great Vault.
Borderlands 3 Red Chest Locations on Pandora - Destroyer's Rift (2 chests)
- Once you've taken down the big bad in Borderlands 3, you're going to find two Red Chests in the room.
Borderlands 3 Red Chest Locations on Pandora - Devil's Razor (2 chests)
- Head north from the south-west Catch-A-Ride and you'll get to a vehicle which you need to scale some pipes for. Head up and follow the trail of pipes before making a right-angle turn to find a Red Chest.
- The northeastern Catch-A-Ride is a stone's throw from a structure that you have to scale via some ladders and boxes. You'll find a Red Chest on the top.
Borderlands 3 Red Chest Locations on Pandora - The Droughts (3 chests)
- There's a Red Chest chilling out on the roof of Ellie's garage which you can access pretty early on.
- When you're on the mission Powerful Connections, completing it will open a hidden passage behind a machine that shells out Guns. Enter the hole to find the Red Chest.
- Go directly north from the southernmost Catch-A-Ride until you've hit a three-way fork. Take a left and you'll see a building with two red targets crowning it. Knock out the targets and you'll activate a hidden door that you have to path through after some yellow wire to find a Red Chest.
Borderlands 3 Red Chest Locations on Pandora - Guts of Carnivora (2 chests)
- You'll hit an area that has flamethrowers on full blast. Look around for an air vent to ride which will take you right to a Red Chest.
- En route to the Agonizer, you'll have to get into a lift. Don't do this, but look to your left and you'll see that you can leapfrog over to a Red Chest.
Borderlands 3 Red Chest Locations on Pandora - Konrad's Hold (1 chest)
- Pick up the mission called Childhood's End. Once you've completed it, bring yourself back to the quest area and get rid of the two visible red targets again to open a secret door behind yellow cables hiding the Red Chest.
Borderlands 3 Red Chest Locations on Pandora - Splinterlands (2 chests)
- Scale the roof of the local Catch-A-Ride to pick up this Red Chest.
- Take a ride on the main attraction (read: rollercoaster) and shoot all the red targets that you see in one sitting. Once this has been done, head back to where you get into the coaster and you'll find the Red Chest waiting for you.
Borderlands 3 Red Chest Locations on Pandora - Sandblast Scar (1 chest)
- Start from the connection to Devil's Razor. There's a mostly cleared enemy camp close by, and you'll want to head inside a large building with what looks like a gigantic drum to find this Red Chest.
Now that you've some information about the Borderlands 3 Red Chest locations on Pandora, it should be pretty easy for you to follow the directions and pick up the missions necessary to get them all. Need a hand with anything else as a Vault Hunter? Check out these other tips and tricks that we've put together: