As early as the first village encounter, you’ll start finding locked drawers in Resident Evil 4 Remake and you’ll need a small key to open them up each time you encounter one. Finding them isn’t the easiest task though, and you’ll have to have a keen eye to ensure you don’t miss some expensive loot.
All of the locked drawers will contain special items that you can sell for quick Pesetas in the Resident Evil 4 Remake. There is a total of 8 small keys in the game and eight drawers to go along with each key. Our guide will cover all of the locations for both so you can start collecting your hard-earned loot.
Resident Evil 4 Remake – All Small Key and Locked Drawer Locations
While the remake can be split into chapters, there are really two major areas in the game that players will traverse. The Village and the Castle make up the stage for most of the Remake and all the items we need will be strewn across these two places. Five drawers and keys exist in the Village, while three drawers and keys can be found in the castle.
Small Keys Locations in Resident Evil 4 Remake:
- Mountain Valley – Can be found in a box on a cupboard within the primary house of the valley.
- Village Chief – Head inside the house of the Village Chief and search the southwest section of the first floor.
- Fish Farm – Look for the boat fuel next to a shack at the farm. Inside the shack is the small key.
- Forest Altar – Head to the Lakeside Settlement and use an Insignia Key on the gate located to the north. The key is near a Clockwork Castellan beyond the gate.
- Church – Search for the main glass puzzle located within the church and you’ll find the key settled on the right side.
- Bindery – Everyone will need to complete a puzzle within the Bindery. After the puzzle is solved, you’ll enter a corridor where you can easily find this castle small key.
- Grand Hall – Players need to look for the armory section of the hall. The armory is on the second floor of the grand hall with all the armor on display. The key will be in a cupboard.
- Ballroom – After the mines, you’ll eventually make your way to a gondola that leads to the clock tower. The key is in a case next to the car.
Related: Is the Bolt Thrower Worth Buying in Resident Evil 4 Remake? – Answered
Locked Drawer Locations in Resident Evil 4 Remake:
- Village Square – Check the first house to the left as you enter the village.
- Factory – This drawer is located in the same room where you pick up your gear after escaping the chain.
- Fish Farm – You can find this one below a ladder that is set next to the first shooting gallery in the game.
- Lakeside Settlement – Like the fourth key, you’ll need a boat for this part. Sail to the main house in this settlement and search for the drawer inside.
- Church – Look for the locked drawer in the same room as the typewriter, which makes this one a bit easier.
- Audience Hall – As you enter the main hall of the castle, keep towards the left wall. You’ll eventually run into the container.
- Bindery – This is in the room with the puzzle that was mentioned for the Bindery small key.
- Castle Battlements – During the fight against El Gigante number two, you’ll eventually reach a tower so you can take out the boss with a cannon. This tower is where you’ll find the last locked drawer.
Any keys that you find can be used on any of the drawers in RE4, but they can only be used once. So regardless of the order, you’ll need to find all eight to get the loot you want.
That’s all there is! For more Resident Evil 4 Remake guides, head over to our full section here on Prima Games.