Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is a remake of 1992’s Fire Emblem Gaiden. Originally released as the second game in the Fire Emblem series, Fire Emblem Gaiden was only available in Japan, making Shadows of Valentia the first time that this story has made its way to the west. This Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia walkthrough will feature all of the guides and featured content that we produce for the game. Below you’ll find tons of helpful tips, tricks, and in-depth help to assist you on your journey to fulfill Alm and Celica’s destinies.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Quick Tips
- Unlike more recent Fire Emblem games, players won’t have to abide by a Weapon Triangle in order to dictate which units do best against others. Instead, experiment, see which units can attack others with the hardest hits, and don’t be afraid to improvise when you have to.
- Magic costs HP to cast, so keep an careful eye on your Clerics and Mages. You’ll want to make sure you keep them all healed up as much as possible, to keep them from dying in battle.
- Since Shadows of Valentia is based around an older game in the franchise, some of the battles that players take part in are much more challenging to complete. Don’t be afraid to retreat to keep from losing units, and we’d actually recommend playing through the campaign the first time on Casual, so you can get an idea of how dangerous enemy units are.
- Units can only carry one item in Shadows of Valentia, so make sure you give them something that will be useful during battle. For some units this may mean equipping them with an item that can restore health. Others may require you to equip them with upgraded weapons or shields in order to boost their base stats.
- Villagers can be upgraded to just about any of the base classes, including Cleric, Mercenary, Mage, Soldier, and Archer. While playing through Alm’s campaign, be sure to build your party out accordingly to make sure you have at least one of each.
- Explore new areas you unlock to discover items and secret chests waiting to be looted.
- Visit statues of Mila at the end of dungeons to find new areas where you can upgrade a unit’s class, explore Memory Prisms, and more.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Guides
Here you’ll find helpful guides to assist you during your journey through Valentia.
How to Get A Ship
Find out how to get a ship and recruit Saber in Novis Greatport.
What’s New In Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Find out what’s new in the latest rendition of Fire Emblem.
How to Manage Your Inventory
Find out how to manage your inventory in Fire Emblem Echoes.
How to Recruit All Characters
Find out every character you can recruit and more.
How to Change Class
Find out when and how to change your unit’s class in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
Should You Recruit Sonya or Deen?
Learn which unti is best for your party, Deen or Sonya.
How to Access DLC
Find out how to access DLC in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
How to Defeat Jedah
Learn how to defeat this boss in two different encounters.
How to Cure Fatigue
Learn more about the fatigue system and how to cure it.
Support System, Marriage, and Relationships
Find out more about the Support System in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
We’ll have plenty of new articles coming over the next few days, so be sure to check back often for updated guides, information, and tips to help carry you across Valentia to your destiny. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is available exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS family of devices.