WoW Dragonflight’s 10.1.5 patch saw the introduction of the Augmentation specialization for Evokers: a powerful, support-type DPS that primarily does damage by buffing the abilities of allies. It was.. broken. So broken, in fact, that it turned Death Knights into one-shot machines when stacked in raid. So yes, a slight adjustment was probably in order. Here’s the scoop on WoW Dragonflight’s Evoker Nerfs.
WoW Dragonflight: Evoker Augmentation Changes – July 25
Bad news for our scaly Augmentation friends: you’re getting hit with the nerf bat. Or more specifically, you’re getting a buff, but your ability to buff others is being nerfed. So, expect to see your personal damage increase, but the DPS of the party as a whole to come down just a bit.
The patch notes are detailed below, per Blizzard:
- Close as Clutchmates now causes Ebon Might and Breath of Eons to be 20% more effective when not in a raid (was 40%).
- Fixed a bug where Close as Clutchmates would not increase the Evoker’s damage done via Ebon Might for periodic effects such as Fire Breath.
- Ebon Might now increases the Evoker’s damage done by 20% (was 10%).
- Eruption damage increased by 40%.
- Fate Mirror’s chance to occur reduced to 15% (was 20%).
- Aspects’ Favor amplifies Black Attunement to 7%/10% maximum health (was 10%/16%).
- Developers’ notes: Augmentation is overperforming in dungeons and is doing less direct damage than intended relative to the power of their buffing effects. These adjustments will increase their personal damage in all situations and moderately reduce the effectiveness of their buffs in dungeon content.
So, yes, definitely a nerf overall. But on the bright side, if your damage is a little higher, maybe you won’t get kicked by PUGs who don’t understand the spec! Maybe.
Augmentation is still a very powerful spec, so don’t be dissuaded by these changes. In fact, it’s often bemoaned by the community as a “mandatory” pick for both Mythic+ and Raids – it’s just that powerful. So if you want to get invited by those “in the know,” it’s a great time to make one.
For more WoW, check out what we know about the next big patch so far!