If you’ve played Apex Legends for any length of time, you’ll know two things for certain: there are a lot of Legends and practically none of them are Support. But there is one mysterious Legend that you’ve might have glimpsed over the past year – Rhapsody, who could alleviate some of that shortage. But who is Rhapsody in Apex Legends?
Who is Rhapsody in Apex Legends – Answered
Revealed in July 2022, Rhapsody joined the Apex Games… on Mobile. And as her name implies, she’s all about the power of music. Also, indentured servitude, a thing that exists on her home planet, Komma.
Similar to Mad Maggie, Rhapsody is forced to play in the Apex Games because of a debt she owes to a massive entity. In Rhapsody’s case, it’s a mega-corporation that controls all life on her planet and has buried her family in debt. But Rhapsody aspires to top the Apex Game charts, winning not only her freedom but the chance to lift up and redeem her family once and for all.
And, frankly, she’s a welcome addition to the Apex Family, which is sorely lacking in the Support category. And that’s what Rhapsody and her abilities are all about. Here are her moves:
- Tactical: Hyper Anthem – Rhapsody plays a powerful tune that restores 50 Shield over 10 seconds for her and nearby teammates and provides a 15% speed boost.
- Passive: Gifted Ear – You pick up sound visualizations from an extended range.
- Ultimate: Rowdy’s Rave – Rowdy projects a wall of flashing lights that blocks incoming sight and scans.
She also has 3 Perks, 3 Finisher Perks, and 3 Ability Perks. And if you’re confused about what I’m talking about, these are Perks that are exclusive to Apex Legends Mobile. Yes, Mobile gets all the good stuff.
- Volume Control – Squadmates affected by your Tactical temporarily gain Gifted Ear.
- Tuned In – Continuous running increases the range of Gifted Ear.
- Sound Bleed – Occasionally see nearby 3D sound visualizations effects through walls.
- Battle Adaptation – Using your Finisher adds 100 points to your Evo shield.
- Tactical Advantage – Using your Finisher charges your Tactical.
- Interrogator – Using your Finisher reveals the location of your enemy’s Squad on the mini map.
- Rowdy’s Rhythm – When casting the ultimate, Squadmates near Rowdy will gain faster ammo reload speed for a certain amount of time.
- Harmony – While in the sound wave state of the tactical skill, the effect of using healing items is increased and revive speed is accelerated.
- Reverb – The higher the number of Squadmates affected by the tactical skill, the longer the tactical skill lasts.
Now, you might be wondering if Rhapsody will be coming to Apex Legends for PC or Console. The answer is no. Or at least not for a very long time. Rhapsody is there to lure people to Apex Legends Mobile. And if you want to play a ridiculous gorgeous Lucio that’s better at fragging than our favorite Frog DJ, she’s the best way to do it.