The question of which is the best class in World of Warcraft for new players frequently arises within the community. As the most popular MMORPG on the market, World of Warcraft witnesses a regular influx of beginners. They’re often overwhelmed. They don’t know which class to pick because there are so many. It’s confusing. Instead of spending an hour of your game time on character creation, why not let us help? This is the best World of Warcraft class for beginners!
What is the Best Class in World of Warcraft for a Beginner?
Whenever someone asks what the best class is for a beginner in World of Warcraft, the answer is generally the same: the Hunter. It’s a fantastic starting class capable of adventuring completely solo or working in tandem with a healer and tank to take down dungeons. But for a first-time player, it’s an easily accessible option, which matters most.
You see, the Hunter typically keeps enemies at a distance. They shoot arrows or muskets, allowing a pet to deal close-range damage and take much of the heat in combat encounters. Furthermore, they move quickly and, with the right specialization, enjoy high survivability and DPS capabilities.
The key is selecting Beast Mastery as a specialization. It allows newcomers to focus on ranged damage while pets handle the frontline fights. If ranged attacks prove too dull, then Hunters also excel as melee fighters. It’s an all-inclusive and welcoming class.
How to Build a Hunter in World of Warcraft
One of the earliest skills you’ll receive as a Hunter is Kill Shot. It’s a highly effective ranged attack that deals moderate damage. It’s one that you will rely heavily on throughout your entire journey across Azeroth. As such, we recommend investing points into Improved Kill Shot immediately. It deals increased damage to enemies below 25% health.
Furthermore, focus on the following skills:
- Improved Mend Pet: As a Beast Mastery Hunter, you’ll spend a lot of time mopping up after your pets, and, as such, you’ll want to keep them healthy and in the fight. Improved Mend Pet increases the healing your pet receives and, at max level, will outright remove debuffs.
- Tar Trap: As a ranged Hunter, your goal is to keep enemies at a distance. Tar Trap will release an area-of-effect trap that slows enemies within 8 yards by 50%. This offers enough time to relocate for another shot or outright escape.
- Rejuvenating Wind: As a new player, you’re bound to make mistakes and get in over your head. That’s okay! Rejuvenating Wind improves healing by 10% per point over an 8-second period. It’s a literal life-saver!
- Master Marksman: Applies bleed damage over time to slowly whittle away enemy health while you focus on other mobs.
- Hydra’s Bite: Serpent Sting will fire arrows at 2 enemies and lead to +20% damage dealt over time.
The World of Warcraft Races and Classes
In case you’re not interested in playing a Hunter, which there’s nothing wrong with, here are all of the World of Warcraft races currently in the game:
- Night Elf
- Blood Elf
Additionally, there are unique allied races that you can unlock by completing specific achievements and questlines. These include:
- Void Elf
- Dark Iron Dwarf
- Kul Tiran
- Lightforged Draenei
- Highmountain Tauren
- Mag’har Orc
- Zandalari Troll
As for the available classes in World of Warcraft, we have:
- Death Knight
- Demon Hunter
Keep an eye out for more World of Warcraft content from Prima Games! You might see a build guide or two pop up here before long!