Bonus Patch 10.1 for SMITE is coming on February 7, 2023 and there are quite a few changes that will probably be interesting to most players. Without further ado, we deliver the patch notes in their entirety. Hope you’ll enjoy!
SMITE 10.1 Patch Notes
BUG FIXES IN SMITE 10.1 BONUS PATCH
- Fixed an issue with Conquest Multi-Queue not assigning players a role in the pre-match lobby
- Fixed an issue where Multi-Queue would show game mode text as “None” in the upper left corner of the pre-match lobby
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to reroll Gods in Assault using Multi-Queue
- General Gameplay
- Fixed an issue with the Titans not receiving stacks of Health and Protections for alive friendly structures (towers and phoenixes)
- Fixed an issue where the Bastions could be healed by God’s abilities. Bastions now have a 90% healing reduction applied
- Fixed an issue where the Imps that landed from his ultimate ability could proc in-hand item effects
- Cannoneer’s Cuirass
- Changed the radius that allies receive bonus gold from killing a minion with the passive from 30 to 80 units
- Fixed Item Icon
Related: Definitive SMITE Assault Guide for Beginners: How to Play Assault in SMITE like a Pro
- Fixed an issue where Structures on the map were not giving the Titan the intended HP Increase
- This was fixed in an earlier hotfix but is being mentioned again just for clarity. Many issues were fixed in previous hotfixes so please consult the Trello board if there is an issue concerning you that is not in these notes. It might already be fixed or slated for 10.2. Thanks!
- Speed Buff Nerf
With a few days of official gameplay on the new map, some patterns are starting to emerge. Junglers have shown to be hugely impactful due to strong buffs in multiple ways. As an initial response to this we are nerfing the Speed Buff’s base Movement Speed by a noticeable amount. This tends to be a strong contributor, and so we want to address it first and then revisit their top items or gods later after assessing the effects of this change.
- Decreased Base Movement Speed from 14% to 10%
- 14+2+2+2 (20% total) to 10+2+2+2 (16% total)
- Reminder – the two speed buffs on the map do not stack with each other
Item Changes in SMITE 10.1
Of the new Shards this one seems to be the clear favorite. This Shard brings sustain and offense in a way that can be easily applied in a huge variety of situations. We are attempting to bring it down in power level to be closer to the rest of the pool by nerfing the power it provides.
- Decreased Magical Power Buff from 20 to 15
- Decreased Physical Power buff from 15 to 10
Warriors/Solo, by most accounts, are the strongest class/role of 10.1. The data mostly backs this up so we have a series of changes that will affect the class/role. Some of these changes also stretch into Guardians or Assassins depending on the build preferences, but in general they all serve similar goals – bringing down damage potential of these classes. Sundering Axe is the first in this series.
- Decreased Base Current Health Steal from 4% to 3% on the Passive
This Starter Item has become so prominent, we are seeing it in 3+ roles at once. Bluestone lost its ramping/stacking damage, so to compensate we buffed the base damage. This has been shown to be clearly too high as Assassins and Hunters are also gladly picking it up.
- Decreased Bonus Damage from 60 to 48
- (Decreased from 15 per tick to 12 per tick)
Just like its Starter version, this Upgrade is putting out a lot of damage. We are decreasing the base damage on this effect by a noticeable amount. The item was also especially good at clearing jungle bosses, so the bonus %Current HP damage will now apply to gods only.
- Decreased the Bonus Damage from 200 to 180
- (Decreased from 50 per tick to 45 per tick)
- The +15% Current Health Bonus damage scaling will now apply to gods only
The plague is spreading! This item can potentially apply to multiple enemy gods and the damage can ramp up quickly. We are bringing this down to make sure that damage isn’t too overwhelming. We also have more nerfs and fixes planned for this item in the 10.2 main update
- Decreased Damage per tick from 40 to 35
The final bonus damage nerf for tank items is on their signature one. This item can build up into huge hits, as was intended, but true damage left the item largely uncounterable. This item will now be Magical Damage, which will deal less damage and be something opponents can potentially build to counter as well.
- This item now deals Magical Bonus Damage instead of True Damage
TABLET OF DESTINIES
We don’t usually do many buffs in the Bonus Balance, but we wanted to draw some attention to a new item while also giving the Mage Class some help. Tablet is a powerful item but can require a lot of focus and patience to stack. The damage will now be more worth the effort it requires to stack.
- Increased Damage per stack from 0.08% to 0.14%
SMITE’s newest god is putting up some big numbers, possibly because Warriors in general are, but more on that later. Surtr feels a cut above the rest of his class, and lore aside, we do want him to be closer in balance to the rest of the gods. He’s getting two key nerfs. One to his tankiness and another to his damage, to bring him down across the board.
- Decreased the Protections Buff from picking up a fragment from 10 to 6
- Decreased Base Damage from 45/65/85/105/125 to 35/55/75/95/115
- (This damage triggers twice per fire of this ability)
Related: SMITE Surtr Build Guide: Best Items, Relics and Abilities
This new god made a huge impact and worlds and continues to be a top pick among the highest skill levels. Maui brings a wide variety of supportive features to his teams, so similarly to Surtr he is seeing nerfs across multiple abilities. He will provide less movement speed, deal less damage, and have a longer ult cooldown in order to give the other supports a fighting chance against him.
- Decreased Movement Speed from 8/10/12/14/16% to 8/9/10/11/12%
- Decreased Base Damage from 110/165/220/275/335 to 90/145/200/255/315
- Increased Cooldown from 90 seconds to 110 seconds
Our last 2 nerfs are Hunters that dominated the previous season. Hunters might need some more help overall as a role in 10.1 but these two are still the top performers. Cernunnos is losing burst damage and lane clear for his nerf.
- Decreased Initial Damage from 70/105/140/175/210 to 55/90/125/160/195
This goddess creates powerful early lane pressure through her Imbued arrows, so Strike Shot is being nerfed, especially toward the early game. This same ability gives Ishtar powerful objective clear, so the spread shot is being nerfed for the late-game.
- Spread Shot Decreased Side Damage from 5/6.25/7.5/8.75/10% to 5/5.75/6.5/7.25/8% of your Basic Attack Damage
- Strike Shot Decreased Damage from 14/18/22/26/30 to 8/13/18/23/28
NEW SKIN VOICE ACTORS
- Ice Wraith Geb: Kamran Nikhad
Related: Is SMITE Year 10 Pass Worth it? Answered
Thank you for visiting Prima Games! Make sure to check our SMITE game tag below for more SMITE coverage!