Octopath Traveler 2 is a challenging and sprawling RPG that rewards players for optimizing their equipment, skills, and reaching the highest level possible. But one particular modifying item can’t be overlooked. I’m talking, of course, about Nuts. And if you want the strongest party possible, you’re going to need a lot of them. So, here’s your Octopath Traveler 2: Nut farming guide.
Octopath Traveler 2: Nut Farming Guide
There are 10 types of Nuts in Octopath Traveler 2, each of which offers a permanent boost to a specific stat. Here are the Nuts you can get and the stats they can modify:
- Nourishing Nut – Increases maximum HP
- Invigorating Nut – Increases maximum SP
- Fortifying Nut – Increases physical attack
- Tough Nut – Increases physical defense
- Magic Nut – Increases elemental attack
- Resistant Nut – Increases elemental defense
- Sharp Nut – Increases accuracy
- Critical Nut – Increases critical hit rate
- Light Nut – Increases speed
- Slippery Nut – Increases evasion
There are a set number of Nuts that you can find in chests, through quest rewards, or on NPCs. But there is a particular enemy that causes nuts to drop! The rare and elusive Octopuff is the exclusive source of Nuts in Octopath Traveler 2.
There are 10 total Octopuffs, which have a 5% chance of spawning. Each type of Octopuff drops a specific type of Nut:
- King Octopuff – Nourishing Nut – Found everywhere
- Queen Octopuff – Invigorating Nut – Found everywhere
- Desert Octopuff – Fortifying Nut – Found in Hinoeuma
- Ocean Octopuff – Tough Nut – Found in Harborlands
- Snowland Octopuff – Magic Nut – Found in Winterlands
- Mountain Octopuff – Resistant Nut – Found in Crestlands
- Forest Octopuff – Sharp Nut – Found in Leaflands
- Wasteland Octopuff – Critical Nut – Found in Wildlands
- City Octopuff – Light Nut – Found in Brightlands
- Island Octopuff – Slippery Nut – Found in Toto’haha
In order to effectively farm Octopuffs, you’re going to need the right setup. For Accessories, you’ll need the Alluring Ribbon and all Octopuff Pots. The Alluring Ribbon will increase monster encounters, and Octopuff Pot will help with the abysmal Octopuff spawn rate.
Related: How to Complete Will Research for Money in Octopath Traveler 2
Here’s how to get them:
- Alluring Ribbon – Complete the Lingering Love quest in Stormhail.
- Octopuff Pot – Go to Conning Creek and steal it from the Fisherman at the entrance.
- Octopuff Pot 2 – Go into the Conning Creek tavern and speak to the Octopus Enthusiast. Guide him to Montwise and speak to the Octopus Researcher in Montwise outside of the inn.
- Octopuff Pot 3 – Go to Lighthouse Island just to the left of Frigit Isle. There will be a red chest with the last Octopuff Pot.
Next, you’ll want the following support skills.
- A Step Ahead (Inventor) – The equipping character will act first at the start of battle. Equip to all characters!
- A Step Ahead (Inventor) – The equipping character will act first at the start of battle. Only equip to one character.
A Step Ahead is instrumental, as it will ensure that you have as many chances to hit the Octopuffs as possible. If you’re struggling to hit them, use Soulstones, as they’re guaranteed to hit. Octopuffs don’t have much HP, so two small Soulstones should be sufficient to kill them.
It’s also a good idea to hunt Octopuffs in areas where the monsters are weak, as it’ll make it easier to either flee or quickly kill normal enemies.
While you’re killing Octopuffs, why not optimize your EXP and Leaves gain, too? Check out our guide here: The Best EXP and Leaves Farming Guide for Octopath Traveler 2.