Lost Ark is gearing up for its Spring update, and with that comes a brand new selection of patch notes. Plenty is changing, getting updated, and more so be sure to read through all of the Lost Ark patch notes for the Spring update listed below.
Lost Ark Spring Update: Full Patch Notes Listed (April 2023)
The April Spring update focuses on Brelshaza Hard Mode, new raids, dungeons, quests, and weapons. You can check all of it out below. You can see the store updates and other features of the patch here.
Brelshaza Hard Mode
A more challenging version of the eight-player Legion Raid.
- Item Level 1540 for gates 1 & 2
- Item Level 1550 for gates 3 & 4
- Item Level 1560 for gates 5 & 6
Hanumatan Guardian Raid
Ancient Quality Gear and Accessories
- Ancient gear can be crafted with materials acquired from Legion Raid Phantom Legion Commander Brelshaza Hard mode. The following conditions must be met before crafting Ancient gear:
- Reach Item Level 1540.
- The Achievement ‘Phantom Shard Remnants’ level 1, earned by equipping a full 6-set of Relic gear from the Phantom Legion Commander Raid (simultaneously, and regardless of the set bonus).
- Tier 3 Upper Relic gear can be transferred to Ancient level gear. The gear’s quality and set levels are maintained when transferred, unless the new piece has a higher quality.
- Ancient level gear can be honed up to level 25, with each additional honing level adding 5 Item Levels.
- Ancient gear shares the same set effects and options with Relic gear.
- Added 3 New Honing Effects. Upon reaching Ancient weapon honing level +22/+24/+25, the weapon’s effect will be updated.
Related: What to Do After Card Catalog is Full in Lost Ark
- Ancient accessories have been added, and can be earned from the following activities:
- South Vern Chaos Dungeons: Despair Level 1 & 2
- Hanumatan Guardian Raid
- Brelshaza Hard mode Legion Raid
- Proving Grounds
- Ancient accessories Engraving Effect Points:
- First Active Engraving Effect: Max 6 – Min 4
- Second Active Engraving Effect: Max 3 – Min 3
- Negative Engraving Penalty Effect: Max 3 – Min 1
- Bracelet Upgrade function added:
- You can upgrade Relic grace bracelets to Ancient grade bracelets.
- The Relic bracelet must already have a granted bonus before you can upgrade it.
- When you upgrade your bracelet, the previously granted bonus will be enhanced and changed to a fixed bonus. One grant bonus slot will be created and a random bonus will be granted. The newly created and granted bonus can be changed up to 3 times, regardless of how many times you’ve granted a bonus before upgrading your bracelet.
- The first time you grant a bonus after upgrading your bracelet will cost 38,000 Silver, the same cost as granting a second bonus for an Ancient bracelet.
- Go to the Bracelet Specialist NPC in major cities to upgrade your bracelet.
- When you upgrade your bracelet, you will need 100 Crushed Radiant Hero Bracelets, which can be obtained by dismantling Ancient bracelets.
Tier 3’s first 25 floors open up.
- Entry Requirements
- Floors 1 – 5: 1490
- Floors 6 – 10: 1500
- Floors 11 – 15: 1510
- Floors 16 – 20: 1520
- Floors 21 – 25: 1530
- First Clear rewards per floor can be attained once per Roster, such as a new Masterpiece, Skill Point Potion, and Achievements.
- When clearing the floors again with other characters on the same Roster, different rewards can be attained, such as honing materials. First clear rewards are Roster bound, while additional clear rewards are character bound.
Sideral Weapons & Quests
- Sidereal: Galatur’s Will – Guide (purple) quest that is given after using the “Sidereal: Galatur’s Will” item.
- Sidereal Energy – Guide (purple) quest given by Balthorr after completing “Sidereal: Galatur’s Will”.
- Sidereal’s Story – Available after leveling Sidereal Weapon to level 5. Prerequisites:
- All South Vern World quests
- Visit Whispering Islet
- Complete quest “Whispering Voice”, part of Nineveh’s Story
- Complete quest “To the Sound”, part of Nineveh’s Story
- Complete quest “Destiny’s Whisper”, part of Kadan’s Story
- Complete quest “Blue-Blazing Blade”, part of Kadan’s Story
- The Mysterious Blueprint – Continuation quest after completing Sidereal’s Story. Required to unlock “Sidereal Unity”
- Call of the Illusory Bird Available after leveling Sidereal Weapon to 7.
- Level 4 Prerequisite: ‘Ancient Gears’
- Equip 6 pieces of Ancient tier gear (regardless of set level or set options).
- ‘Ancient Gears’ achievement is divided into level 1 ‘Prima Donna’, and level 2 ‘Endemic’ after superior Ancient gear was added with Akkan Legion Raid.
- Level 6 Prerequisite: ‘Ancient Weapon Honer’
- Hone an Ancient weapon to +25
- Total ingredients needed to reach Level 6:
- Sidereal Energy x 48
- Romantic Ingredient Kit x 6,310
- Phantom Intentions x 130
- Total ingredients needed Level 6 – 8:
- Sidereal Energy x 50
- Romantic Ingredient Kit x 9,000
- Phantom Intentions x 150
- Level 6: 20 Stone of Chaos, Completing a quest “The Mysterious Blueprint”
- Level 7: 20 Stone of Chaos
- Level 8: 25 Stone of Chaos, Completing a quest ‘Call of the Illusory Bird’
- Unity can be applied and checked by the button located at the bottom of the Character Profile UI.
- Sidereal Unity Skills can be used with [Ctrl] + [V] & [Ctrl] + [B]
- Passive Skills are auto-activated when the conditions are met.
- Sidereal Unity Skills/Effects cannot be used in:
- The Rowen Continent after selecting a faction.
- Content that adjusts a player’s stats.
- Content that involves PvP.
- Level 1 Effect – Successful attacks after a certain time have a chance to activate Knight’s Pride. Activation chance increases with time. Upon use, increases your Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence by 145,983 for 10s.
- Level 2 Effect – Successful attacks after a certain time have a chance to activate Light of Daybreak. Activation chance increases with time. Upon use, for 20s party members within the range of 16m are encouraged. Self and party member Attack Power +3,946.
- Level 1 Effect – Successful attacks after a certain time have a chance to activate Shred. Activation chance increases with time. Upon use, deals heavy damage to the opponent, along with high Stagger damage.
- Level 2 Effect – Successful attacks after a certain time have a chance to activateEsoteric Skill. Upon use, heavy Damage is inflicted on the target. For 10s, Stagger Damage +12% for self and party members.
- Level 1 Effect – Successful attacks after a certain time activate Elzowin’s Blessing. Upon use, heals 35,500 HP for all party members. The target with the lowest current HP is healed for double the amount.
- Level 2 Effect – A party member receiving fatal damage has a low chance to activate Elzowin’s Miracle, granting invincibility for 3s and recovering 100% of HP. The target has a cooldown of 10 min.
- Level 1 Effect – After a certain time, has a chance to trigger Arrow of Perkunas to deal Damage.
- Level 2 Effect – Target hit by Arrow of Perkunas is inflicted with Punishing Strike and when an enemy with 3 or more stacks is hit, Punishing Strike is activated (Max 5 stacks). Upon use, deals additional Damage based on the number of stacks.
- Level 1 Effect – Successful attacks after a certain time activate Fjorgin Defense. Upon use, Fjorgin Defense is granted to self and party members within a range of 32m for 10s, absorbing 100,000 damage.
- Level 2 Effect – Successful attacks after a certain time have a chance to activate Galatur’s Protection. Activation chance increases with time. Upon use, Push Immunity Effect is granted to self and party members for 12s.
- Level 1 Effect – Successful attacks after a certain time have a chance to activate Queen’s Might. Activation chance increases with time. Upon use, Ancient Spears randomly cause Damage within the range of 8m and are summoned a total of 10 times.
- Level 2 Effect – Number of Ancient Spears from Queen’s Might x2.
- Level 1 Effect – Successful attacks after a certain time have a chance to activate Rimeria’s Secret Art. Activation chance increases with time. Upon use, existing cooldowns -15% and within 30s and the range of 10m from the user’s location, a field containing Rimeria’s Secret Art is created. The user’s Swiftness is increased by 300. All combat resource recovery speed +100%
- Level 2 Effect – Rimeria’s Secret is enhanced to Rimeria’s Secret Art: Transcendence. Remaining Cooldowns -15%, Crit +500.
Quests & Content
- Added the South Vern Despair Chaos Dungeons, new achievements, and titles. Entrance Levels:
- Despair 1: 1540
- Despair 2: 1560
- Added the T3 Hall of the Sun ‘Inferno’ mode Boss Rush. Requires Item Level 1540 to enter.
- Related Stronghold Special Dispatch, achievements, and titles added.
- A series of quests have been added that take place on Wisdom Isle. These quests forward the ongoing story of Lost Ark, and serve a prerequisite for story quests that will arrive in future updates.
- The Infinite Darkness
- Waiting for the Light
- Silver Traces
- The World’s Library
- The Discovery
- Tabula Rasa
- Competitive Proving Grounds Season 2 draws to a close with this update.
Quality of Life
- Login reward track has been updated.
- Adjusted the rewards for the Arkesia Grand Prix event.
- [Event] Book of Enhancement: Weapon (Limited-Time)
- [Event] Book of Enhancement: Armor (Limited-Time)
- [Event] Metallurgy: Advanced Welding (Limited-Time)
- [Event] Tailoring: Advanced Mending (Limited-Time)
- [Event] Metallurgy: Expert Welding (Limited-Time)
- [Event] Tailoring: Expert Mending (Limited-Time)
- Added messaging intended to better indicate why a player received a warning or ban.
- Added a new CVAA feature to help visually impaired users navigate Lost Ark. A new menu will be shown asking if players want to enable this feature before reaching the server selection screen. All players will see this at least once after the update releases.
- Added Ark Pass missions for Hanumatan and the Flower Candy Festival.
- Chests containing Ancient Accessories have been added as rewards for Challenge Guardian Raids and Siege Events (Requires Item Level 1540).
- Added new chests to the Sylmael Bloodstone Exchange that contain Inferno Hall of the Sun Boss Rush tickets.
- Improved the [Shift]+[G] quest text bypass system. You can now use [Shift]+[G] to skip quest text scripts even if you have never done the quest before. You can also now use the skip feature on Stronghold quests.
- Triport unlock conditions are now applied across a player’s roster.
- Docked boats will now be warped when players cannot enter a port. If you sail and try to dock at a continent that you don’t meet the entry requirement for, you will be denied entry. You will then get a pop up message with an option to teleport to another continent’s port that you are able to enter.
- Players will no longer have to restart the game to switch regions.
- Brelshaza Gate 0 skip function added.
- At the beginning of Brelshaza Legion Raid, the party leader can teleport the group directly from Astalgia’s Door to Nightmare Shadow.
- Only available until all party members reach the first assembly location.
- Only the party leader can teleport the group. Click on ‘Gate 1 Instant Teleport’ on top left of screen. A pop up window asking ‘Would you like to immediately teleport from Astalgia’s Door to Nightmare Shadow?’ will appear. Click ‘OK’ to teleport.
- The Legion Raid materials required to craft Upper Tier 3 Relic gear from Brelshaza Normal mode have been reduced. Crafting a weapon will now require 75 Phantom Horns, and armor will require 30.
- Honor Shards honing cost requirement decreased by 40% for T3 Lv. 1340 gear from 1460 up to 1490 (+20), and T3 Lv. 1390 gear up to 1590 (+20).
Notable Bug Fixes
- The time zone labels have been removed from the top-left in EU-West and EU-Central as they were incorrect following the daylight savings change.
- Fixed an issue causing items in the Product Inventory to always appear in English.
- Fixed an issue allowing controller users to enter letters in the “Find Party” password field despite only numbers being usable with Mouse & Keyboard.
- Fixed an issue causing the Artist’s “Paint: Crane Wing” skill to only use Select Point Type 2 targeting while the tripod “Crane Ambush” is applied with a controller.
Well, that’s everything you need to know about the full Lost Ark patch notes for the April Spring update. For more tips, tricks, and guides be sure to check out Prima Games. Here’s how to claim Twitch drops for Lost Ark.