Despite being several years old, COD: Black Ops 3 is a beloved game for many. Whether you’re new to the franchise or have been playing since the beginning, there’s plenty to enjoy about killing zombies and collecting various weapons. In particular, finding the four Easter Egg staffs throughout the game is a great way to kill some time. If you’re interested in learning more, continue reading to learn the code for upgrading the Lightning Staff in COD: Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles.
Lightning Staff Code and Upgrade Guide in COD: Black Ops 3 – Zombies Chronicles
Although not overly difficult, the Lightning Staff is a tad time-consuming to upgrade. Thankfully, if you have already built the staff, a good chunk of the process is already done! If you haven’t, though, you’ll have to ride the tank and collect each of the three staff parts before building it in The Crazy Place.
Once you’ve built the staff, follow the steps below to upgrade the Lightning Staff:
- Throughout the map, you’ll find several electric boxes with dials. Below are descriptions of each electricity box and what direction to turn the dials:
|Electric Box Spots||Direction|
|Directly out of spawn||Left|
|At Generator 5, near the Stamin-Up and GobbleGum Machines||Down|
|On the bottom floor of the church, near the torch labeled “3”||Right|
|On the upper floor of the church, near a window and boarded-up doorway||Up|
|Along a pathway wall behind the Excavation Site||Up|
|Behind Generator 4 along the back wall near the Wind Tunnel entrance||Up|
|At the back of the Tank Station, next to the entrance||Down|
- After turning each dial, Samantha will interact with you, indicating that you’ve done this first part right!
- Head into The Crazy Place and find the purple triangles. Focus on the bottom row of triangles since you’ll have to shoot them!
- Starting from the leftmost triangle to the right, shoot the triangles in the following order – 1, 3, 6… 3, 5, 7… 2, 4, 6. Be sure to divide them up into three separate sequences, taking short breaks in between.
- From here, head to the Excavation Site and find the massive rings. Turn each ring until the lights turn purple.
- Use the Lightning Staff to shoot each purple ball on the rings
- Head back to The Crazy Place and use the Lightning Staff on the purple pedestal.
- Kill zombies to feed the staff! After getting a few dozen kills, the staff will successfully upgrade.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles is available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. For more information about the game, check out how to Find the Gorod Krovi Dragon Shield and Upgrade it in Call of Duty: Black Ops 3.