Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe is an upcoming remaster of a 2011 Wii game, a fan favorite 4-player co-op platformer done in a classic Kirby style. Last year, Kirby and the Forgotten Land brought a lot of innovation and changes to this classic Nintendo franchise, but if the new 3D world wasn’t to your taste and you want more classic 2.5D Kirby action to play with family or friends, the Deluxe version of Return to Dream Land is coming out just for you on February 24, 2023.
Related: How to Play Every Kirby Game in Chronological Order
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe – All Copy Abilities Listed
While we wait for the release of the Deluxe version for Nintendo Switch many players are wondering what this re-release actually brings, is there any new content compared to the original? What copy abilities will Kirby have in this version? Let’s check out the complete list.
New Copy Abilities in Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe brings two brand new copy abilities for Kirby.
- Mecha – Robotic armor for Kirby that gives him abilities similar to the Metal General boss. Fiery and electric punches with the ability to fly with jetpack and drop mines.
- Sand – Makes Kirby a master of sand-style attacks, conjuring some sand fists or castles, dust devils, etc.
Returning and Changed Copy Abilities in Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe
All the copy abilities from the original Return to Dreamland are present with +1 carried over from the Kirby Star Allies 2018 game (it’s the fabulous Festival one).
Also, there are some small changes and updates to some of the existing abilities that now make them more in line with the later sequels. Check out the complete list below:
- Festival – This is a new ability for Return to Dream Land, but it existed in Star Allies from where it will be carried over.
- Hammer – With the additional ability to charge the Hammer Flip, in line with recent Kirby games.
- Stone – Same as before but with an additional new Stone Change form from Star Allies.
- Wing – Functions all the same as in the original game, just the design has changed.
Super Abilities in Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe
As in many other Kirby games, there are enhanced more powerful versions of some abilities:
- Flare Beam – Super version of Beam
- Grand Hammer – Super version of Hammer
- Monster Flame – Super version of Fire
- Snow Bowl – Super version of Ice
- Ultra Sword – Super version of Sword
And that would be all the copy abilities in Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe. A tweaked and improved version of Wii’s Kirby is coming exclusively to Switch on February 24. Be sure to come back to Prima Games for our review and in-depth guides!
For other Kirby games here on Prima Games check out some of the following – Kirby and the Forgotten Land Review | Caught a Vibe, The Best Kirby Games of All Time, and Kirby Superstar Arrangement Wins Grammy Award.