Bots are very useful for newcomers to ease up the process of learning basic game mechanics, maps, etc, because throwing someone in the fire with real players immediately may be counterproductive and make them give up on the game too early. However, a time comes when the player is supposed to leave the bot nest and go out in the real world, with real matches, against real players. In this guide, Prima Games will tell you how to kick and remove all bots from your game, and some other useful commands.
How to Remove Bots in CS:GO
In order to kick bots from your CS:GO session/server, you will need to use the Developer Console. In case you have not enabled it yet, check out our guide: How to Open Console in CS:GO.
Now, during the session, you might want to be alone on the map to practice smoke grenade placement (we have a great CS:GO Smoke Practice Commands Guide) or to play against your friends in a private session.
There are different commands that you can use with bots, and we will make sure to explain all of them. Upon opening the console by pressing the “~” key (above Tab, left from number 1, below Escape), you can type the following commands:
- bot_kick – kicks ALL of the bots
- bot_kick T – kicks all T bots
- bot_kick CT – kicks all CT bots
- mp_autoteambalance – has values of 0 and 1 which you can assign. For example, you want to fight alone against the bots, and you are a T. You use “bot_kick T” to kick all T bots and then set “mp_autoteambalance 0” to disable the team balance and prevent the bots from hopping on your team to even the sides.
- mp_limitteams – has values of 1 and 0, where 1 should prevent bots from rejoining your game
- bot_quota – has values between 0 and the maximum server size, and decides how many bots you will have in the game.
- bot_kick Bob – this command will kick the bot named Bob. Replace “Bob” with any other bot name to kick that specific bot out of your game.
- bot_stop – makes the bots stop wherever they are at the moment. Has values of 1 and 0
- bot_knives_only – also has values of 1 and 0, where 1 instructs the bots to only use knives.
- bot_add – adds a bot
- bot_add_ct – adds a bot to CT team
- bot_add_t – adds a bot to T team