Who doesn’t love a free ship in Starfield? While most of us will wind up choosing the Kepler R, completionists want everything, so here is how to get the Kepler S ship in Starfield!
Where to Get the Kepler S Ship in Starfield
To get the Kepler S Ship in Starfield, you must finish the story mission “High Price to Pay,” then return to Constellation Lodge to speak with Walter Stroud. He’ll discuss his company’s plans for a brand-new spaceship model but divulges that the team is having trouble finalizing a design. He wants your help.
You will then travel to the Stroud-Eklund Staryard in Narion to speak with Jules, the team lead on the new starship project, and find a solution. Most players will want the better ship, the Kepler R, which requires a bigger budget. But if you want the Kepler S, a small and agile ship without any amenities, then you’ll have to convince the team to sacrifice their previous designs and focus on reducing the budget.
How to Complete Overdesigned to Get the Kepler S Ship
To ensure you receive the Kepler S Starship at the end of Overdesigned, you’ll need to take the following steps:
- Convince Jules to work with a smaller budget.
- Persuade Frank to agree to the smaller budget.
- Complete one or two bounty board missions to collect data. (I finished one transport mission and called it a day; Jules was okay with this.)
- Speak with Jules once more and propose a compromise to help the team come to terms with the new design direction.
- Speak with Walter Stroud back at Constellation Lodge.
- Return to Stroud-Eklund Staryard to acquire the Kepler S Spaceship!
It’s important to note that, if you cannot persuade Frank to work with a smaller budget, you cannot get the Kepler S. You’ll wind up paying for the Kepler R instead, so save your game before entering dialogue with him and reload if you must.
Kepler S Stats in Starfield
|Jump Range||30 LY|
Whether you’re collecting ships or just hate flying in style, the Kepler S is only one available ship in Starfield. We recommend investing time in tracking down legendary ships instead!