As you play Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, you may often find yourself running out of energy. While you may be familiar with one or two methods, there are plenty for you to utilize to get energy back quickly. If you’re interested in learning more, continue reading to discover how to get free energy in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery.
How to Get Free Energy in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
While there are various ways to get energy with real-world spending, primarily through using gems, there are also several ways you can get it for free over time:
- Regenerate energy naturally over time. You’ll gain one energy point every four minutes, allowing you to refill your energy bar in less than two hours.
- Visit various locations for bonus energy. You’ll find a complete list of locations further down this page.
- Level up your character to automatically refill your energy.
- Watch advertisement videos for a small amount of energy.
- Play gobstones or eat food with friends for energy boosts.
- Purchase pets and tap on them a few times daily for bonus energy.
One of the methods listed above is visiting specific locations. Throughout the game, you’ll unlock spots that give you bonus energy. Once you redeem the reward, it will go on cooldown, preventing you from claiming from the same place multiple times. However, not all of them are available immediately, and you’ll need to advance through the game to find more. There are numerous different locations you can travel to get free energy:
- East Towers: Interact with Peeves the Poltergeist in the Divination classroom.
- East Towers: Tap the portrait next to the Charms classroom.
- West Towers: Head right past Dumbledore’s Office until you reach the Prefects’ Bathroom. Tap the portrait to the left of the door.
- Quidditch Stadium: Head right until you find the Quidditch field. Tap the flying Golden Snitch.
- Magical Creatures Reserve: Tap the dog sitting on the ground in front of the mailbox.
- Lower Floor – West: Tap the brazier’s flames to the right of the Great Hall entrance. Interact with the knights along the wall for a second source of energy.
- Dungeons: Tap the elf leaning against the pillar to the right of the Kitchen.
- Castle Ground: Head right until you find a stick on the ground. Interact with it.
- Lower Floor – East: Head right until you find the library. Tap the stack of papers to the left of the door. Next, tap on the table to the right for a second energy source.
- Hogsmeade: Interact with the person in the alleyway to the right of Three Broomsticks.
- Forbidden Forest: Tap on the web in front of the Spider’s Lair.
- Diagon Alley: Head towards Gringotts and tap on the bag in front of the entrance.
- Black Lake: Head towards Merpeople Village and interact with the snake on the rock.
- Dragon Sanctuary: Tap on the dragon to the right of the Norwegian Ridgeback Nest.
- Ministry of Magic: Head to the far right and interact with the golden statue to the right of the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes.
- St Mungo’s: Head past the Upper Floors and tap on the door in the wall.
- Godric’s Hollow: Interact with the graves at the Godric’s Hollow Graveyard.
- The Burrow: Head right until you find a dirt hill. Tap on the hill.
- Azkaban Cell Block: Head down and tap on the door to the left of the Azkaban Cell Block and Interrogation Room.
Since more events and locations are added every year to Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, more free energy sources will appear. However, the tips listed above should help you get on the right track towards gaining more energy to progress further. As you unlock more content, you’ll also gain additional sources.
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is available on Android and iOS devices through the official website. If you’re interested in learning more about the game, check out our Wand Choices Guide and Best Answers for Rowan.