Error codes… what would we do without them? It’s a love-hate relationship that every player has since they are never welcome, but on the other hand, they hint at what the issue may be and shorten the troubleshooting process significantly in many cases.
DayZ’s Error Code 9 is an error that commonly indicates that your client cannot connect to the server. As with every connection issue to the server for any game, there are a lot of potential causes of this inconvenient situation, and we’ll go through the most common methods on how to fix Error Code 9 in DayZ.
How to Fix Error Code 9 in DayZ
We suggest you go over these methods (ranging from simplest to most difficult):
- Method 1 – Check if your game and system is updated, and if an update is available, download and install it.
- Method 2 – Restart the game and see if this fixes the issue.
- Method 3 – Restart your system and see if this solves it.
- Method 4 – If none of the above work, reinstall DayZ
- Method 5 – If the issue still persists, you’ll need to fiddle around with your network. The first thing that you should check is your NAT (Network Address Translation) settings. It should be Open because it will function with fewer obstructions. In Network settings under your “View Connection Status”, you will see what your NAT type is on the bottom of the screen.
- If you are using a firewall or any similar hardware (network router), you may need to change the settings (instructions for this procedure should be available in the manual of your product). Basically, some ports that are used by PSN need to be forwarded or opened for the connection to go through without obstructions and interferences. Here’s the list of ports that the PSN uses:
- TCP: 465, 983, 1935, 3478, 3479, 3480, 10070, 10071, 10072, 10073, 10074, 10075, 10076, 10077, 10078, 10079, 10080
- UDP: 3478, 3479
If this doesn’t work, you’ll need to change your DNS (Domain Name Server). This is done within the Network settings on your device, where you should manually change your DNS instead of letting it be Automatic. The most popular DNS providers are:
|DNS provider||Preferred DNS server address||Alternate DNS server address|
|Google Public DNS||184.108.40.206||220.127.116.11|
You should always write down your current DNS before making changes. After changing it, restart your system.
We hope that these steps have eliminated the pesky Error Code 9 and that you’ll freely enjoy DayZ.
Check out more DayZ content under the game tag below and stay tuned for more news and guides.