Great news regarding the Elden Ring Seamless Co-Op Mod! It’s now ready to download and use with your friends for a better multiplayer experience, currently supporting up to four players. In this guide, find out how to install this lovely mod.
How to Install and Run the Elden Ring Seamless Co-Op Mod
LukeYui is the responsible modder for this feat (known for Blue Sentinel, Sekiro Online, and other notable mods) and you can download the mod here from Nexus Mods or here from GitHub. Here’s what to do once you have the files:
- Extract the package and move the files to the Elden Ring folder (The default location being C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ELDENRING\Game) but if you can’t find it, you can always right-click Elden Ring from the list of your installed games on Steam, Click Properties, Local Files, Browse, and the path will be revealed.
- Find the cooppassword.ini file. Open it and edit the password so that you and your friends have the same password (doesn’t need to be anything super secret, it just needs to match, but still don’t make it easy to crack to prevent invaders from joining in).
- Launch the mod by using the launch_elden_ring_seamless_coop.exe file.
Related: Best Katana Tier List
The host should use the Tiny Great Pot to create the multiplayer session. After this is done, friends can hop in through the power of Effigy of Meleina. You leave the session with Separating Mist. Try not to do it as a host though, since it will disconnect everyone.
Here’s some other important stuff you need to know:
- You must have the same version of the mod in order to play together.
- You must be signed into Steam to use the mod, Offline mode is not permitted
- This mod prevents connection to the FromSoftware matchmaking service. Save files are different from the vanilla game, and the anti-cheat software Easy Anti-Cheat is disabled while you’re using the mod, so there’s no possibility to get banned if you’re using it with your friends. LukeYui also states that you should not revert mod save files back to vanilla save files and that you should not edit the mod so that you can connect to vanilla players.