Diablo 4 Season Two is here, and with it comes a new questline, numerous exclusive cosmetics, and other features to explore. However, with new content comes some bugs, and it can be hard to progress further in one particular quest unless you know exactly what to do for your next objective.
Here’s how to complete the “A Witness in the Dust” quest in Diablo 4.
Diablo 4: A Witness in the Dust Quest Walkthrough
To begin the quest, head into Fetid Mausoleum in Hawezar to meet with Hunter Erys. Here, you’ll find an objective to acquire the Profane Vampire Skull from a coffin just before the dungeon’s boss room. Afterwards, you’ll have to complete chapter two of the season journey.
Acquire the Profane Vampire Skull
After entering Fetid Mausoleum, you must collect two Bloodstones to enter the Halls of the Plagued and make your way to the final boss room. However, before reaching the boss room, you’ll find the quest marker above a coffin, indicating that the Profane Vampire Skull is inside.
Completing Chapter 2 of the Season Journey
Once you collect the Profane Vampire Skull, your next task is to complete chapter two of the seasonal journey. In the previous quest, you had to finish chapter one of the journey, and now, we’re onto part two.
There are 11 objectives you can complete for the quest:
- Forsaken Offerings: Obtain (2) Caches from the Tree of Whispers by completing Whispers
- Vault Delver: Complete (8) cellars
- Ruins Reclaimed: Conquer a Stronghold
- Finer Clarity: Upgrade your Potion to Minor at the Alchemist
- Path to Strength: Unlock (8) Aspects in the Codex of Power, such as through completing Dungeons
- Baptized in Blood: Reach Level 25
- Deliver Us From Evil: Rescue (5) Villagers within the Blood Harvest, available after completing or skipping the campaign.
- Vampire No More: Defeat a Blood Seeker, available after completing or skipping the campaign.
- Tides of Blood: Activate a Vampiric Power that requires at least 3 Pacts, available after completing or skipping the campaign.
- Contract Reforged: Add or remove Pacts from a piece of armor, available after completing or skipping the campaign.
- Bejeweled: Craft a Gem at the Jeweler.
Once you complete nine of the 11 objectives of the season journey, you’ll gain a new quest task to return to Ked Bardu and speak to Erys.
Return to Erys in Ked Bardu
After completing chapter two of the season journey, head to Ked Bardu and enter the Magistrate’s Office to talk to Erys. Here, you’ll place the Profane Vampire Skull in a basin to complete a ritual. After releasing the Blood Well’s valve, you’ll observe the ritual, leading to another conversation with Erys.
A Blood Portal will appear following your conversation with Erys, leading you to the Courts of Night. Investigate the Veiled Gate and defeat the Sanguine Magus before exiting the court and talking to Erys again.
Since the Veiled Gate requires a unique ritual, you must research this by examining Erys’ Tome north of the portal. Doing this completes the Witness in the Dust quest in Diablo 4, immediately leading into the Beckoning Thirst mission.
Diablo 4 is available on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. To explore Season 2 content, check out the 8 best Vampiric Powers in Diablo 4, or click the tag below to browse our growing article collection.