There's been a whole lot of kerfuffle around Mario Kart Tour and its subscription model. Even with the new Tokyo Tour content that's just come out, some fans of the franchise are finding the $5 a month price tag still a little too steep for the scope of the content that's being offered up. If you're in that camp, or if you've had a crack at the free trial and this isn't quite your thing, check out our guide on how to cancel your Mario Kart Tour subscription.
How to Cancel Your Mario Kart Tour Subscription - iPhone
Sorry, Gold Pass. It's not us, it's probably you. Of course, depending on the platform that you've been using to run over the competition, canceling your Mario Kart Tour subscription is going to differ.
If you're an iOS user, then you're going to want to make sure that you go through the following steps to say goodbye to your Gold Pass forever:
- Make sure that you're in the Settings menu (not in the iOS Store, just general Settings)
- Tap the App Store option
- Navigate to your Apple ID and tap that
- Tap the View Apple ID and Subscriptions section
- Scroll through your subscriptions
- Tap on Mario Kart Tour and select Cancel Subscription
How to Cancel Your Mario Kart Tour Subscription - Android
If you've been hurling shells and Giant Bananas on an Android device, then you're going to want to follow these steps to actually make sure that you're properly canceling your Gold Pass in Mario Kart Tour:
- Make sure that you're in the Play Store app
- Navigate to the Menu
- Tap on the Subscription section
- Scroll to your subscriptions
- Tap on Mario Kart Tour to manage that subscription
- Select Cancel Subscription
Now that you've got our guide on how to cancel your Mario Kart Tour subscription, it should be fairly easy for you to remove that gold-coin-plated yoke from around your neck. However, if you're wanting to knock out a couple more of the Japanese-flavored challenges that the Tokyo Tour has brought before you shelve this game then check out our guide to getting Lightning and using it.