Trading in Pokemon Go is one of the most integral parts of the game, other than completing the Pokedex. To catch ’em all, trading is inevitable. However, there are unique factors that limit one ability to trade for desired ‘mon – here’s how much Stardust it costs to trade Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Go.
How to Trade Pokemon in Pokemon Go?
In order to be able to trade in Pokemon Go, trainers have to fulfill several criteria:
- You will need to reach level 10 before being able to trade.
- You need to be friends with the trainer you want to trade Pokemon with
- You need to be in a 100-meter radius of the trainer in real life
How Much Does it Cost to Trade Shiny Pokemon?
Trading Pokemon demands Stardust, which is rather easy to obtain, but if you want to trade a Shiny Pokemon, well, that is expensive.
Not all Pokemon are equal when it comes to trading; some, like Mew, can’t be traded at all.
Shiny Pokemon are pretty expensive and can cost up to 1,000,000 Stardust to trade. This depends on friendship level and whether you’ve already caught the Pokemon yourself.
There are four Friendship levels:
- Good Friend (reached after one day of friendship)
- Great Friend (reached after seven days of friendship)
- Ultra Friend (reached after 30 days of friendship)
- Best Friend (reached after 90 days of friendship)
Each level decreases the cost of the Shiny Pokemon trade.
When a Shiny Pokemon is not registered in the player’s Pokedex:
- Good Friends – 1,000,000
- Great Friends – 800,00
- Ultra Friends – 80,000
- Best Friends – 40,000
When Shiny Pokemon is in both players’ Pokedex:
- Good Friends – 20,000
- Great Friends – 16,000
- Ultra Friends – 1600
- Best Friends – 800