Halls of Torment’s developers, Chasing Carrots, are not giving up on their vision of the roguelite RPG bullet hell genre and are doing their best to deliver updates with new content, balances, and bug fixes. The November 27 patch notes are small on paper but will raise the QoL in Halls of Torment.
Halls of Torment Change Log – November 27, 2023
Over the weekend some bugs appeared that required squishing. These fixes will solve some problems you may have encountered with the latest patch. Please restart Steam in case you can’t see today’s date in the main menu.Chasing Carrots on the Patch Notes
- Counters (and accumulated buffs) were not kept when swapping item versions.
- Holy Relic now heals you for the fixed 50 HP.
- Power-ups and health pickups from items can no longer spawn out of bounds.
- Characters can no longer drop below 1 max. Health.
- Shepherd’s Boon bonus on full health only charges when being at full health now.
- The Focus variant of Shepherd’s boon now increases main weapon damage.
- The Summon Rings had a bug where the base increase of summon counts would be applied multiple times. This resulted in hundreds of minions when using the Shepherd’s Boon.
- The Brimming variant of Maiden’s Tear now properly adds a 60% bonus.
- The gem spawn positions on the Viaduct are now calculated more accurately.
- Wisps and Wyrms are no longer getting lost in the Frozen Depths as they’ve been taught how to navigate through the passages.
- Wyrms on Ember Grounds are back at work.
- Possessed Effigy (that nice little statue ghosts on the Viaduct) have their effect on Agony reduced.
- Decreased the effect of monsters on Agony in general, making it decay slower.
- Removed all the speed modifiers from Champions.
- Corrected a balancing mistake with Viaduct and Frozen Depths not scaling monster spawns properly.
If you are new to Halls of Torment, you might want to know which characters are the best in HoT.