There’s a whole ton of new weapons to pick up in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, including a whole new range called the Essence weapons. These are immensely powerful in the current meta, and they involve various components looted from enemies in-game interacting with the Lectern of Enchantment to churn out a very special kind of killing machine to your specifications. Sometimes, it’s even possible to get a perfect roll on these things, so check out our Fangs of Shun’gath Destiny 2 guide if you want a shotgun that’s tens across the board.
Fangs of Shun’gath Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Guide – One Small Step Shotgun
The Essence of Rage is just one of the various schematics, as it were, that you can chuck into your Lectern of Enchantment to spit out a weapon – the One Small Step shotgun. The criteria for ensuring that you get this shotty is pretty straightforward and we’ve listed it below:
- Get 150 kills with grenades, melee abilities, or your Super on the Moon
- Possess the fangs of Shun’Gath
The first of the two is definitely something that you can knock out while you’re cavorting around the Moon, but picking up the Fangs of Shun’gath is a little more convoluted than stumbling into Public Events and bashing things in the head or blowing them up. The good thing is that if you’re at all experienced with Essence weapons and hunting down the relevant materials for them, then knocking out the requirements for the Essence of Rage won’t be too difficult.
Fangs of Shun’gath Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Guide – Location
For those who aren’t experienced wayfarers, we’ll break it down for you:
- Start out at the Temple of Crota, which you’ll be old hat at since gunning through the Shadowkeep quests
- Take a leap of faith over the edge by the Temple entrance and double back in the direction that you came from
- You’ll reach a room that’s in ruins – pass through the arches and then take the set of stairs on the left
- When you’ve hit the bottom of the stairwell, hang right and keep drifting in that direction as you follow the path and you’ll eventually reach World’s Grave
- Once you’ve hit World’s Grave, keep your eye out for a platform that you can’t miss. You’ll want to progress upwards here before hanging left
If you’ve followed our directions to the letter (and dispatched the various Acolytes and Knights that were getting in the way), then you’ll find that you’re not alone in this particular room that you’ve entered – you’ll have Shun’gath there as well along with some Thrall companions. He’s not particularly difficult to put down, but as you can tell from the name, he’s the enemy that you have to kill to get the Fangs of Shun’gath Destiny 2 item if you want the Lectern of Enchantment to spit out the One Small Step. Now that you possess the Fangs, you can have as many goes as you like at the Lectern to get the perfect shotgun for you.
Need a hand with anything else related to the Destiny 2: Shadowkeep grind? We’ve got a handy guide to completing the Key to Divinity step of the Divine Fragmentation quest if you’re keen for another Exotic weapon to add to your collection.