The release date for The Sims 4’s For Rent expansion pack is officially set for December 7, 2023, and it brings along numerous brand-new additions to explore. Let’s dive into The Sims 4’s For Rent expansion pack and its new features.
All New The Sims 4 For Rent Expansion Pack Features and Additions Listed
During The Sims 4’s For Rent expansion pack trailer, we are introduced to the town of Tomarang, it’s Night Market, and a new exclusive lot, the Residential Rental lot. With this pack, you’ll experience the life and money-making strategies of a property owner by managing your lot’s tenants and keeping unit ratings high.
Below are some of the key features you’ll find in the For Rent expansion pack, as highlighted on the pack’s Steam store page:
- Street Eats Digital Content — Bring night market flavor home with a grill cart, street umbrella, and fruit basket, available when you order from November 2 through January 18.
- The New Lot Type in Town — New Residential Rental lots give you the chance to get creative with multi-family dwellings. Give your Sims a basement suite to rent out, create a duplex to keep 2 families close, or even build apartments.
- Property Management — Property-owner Sims can be present property managers, living among their tenants, or they can live in a separate residence while generating income from several property investments. Watch out — if property owners don’t keep their Unit Ratings high, they could face a Tenant Revolt.
- Closer Than Ever — Closeness can create harmony — or drama! Sims in Residential Rentals will inevitably get tangled up in each other’s lives. They’ll socialize at potlucks, meet in the garden or other common areas, and have ample opportunity to discover each other’s secrets by eavesdropping, snooping, or even breaking and entering.
- Bustling and Beautiful — Explore a new world that’s alive with possibilities. Visit the botanical garden, leave an offering at a Spirit House, and discover an animal sanctuary! One of the most iconic scenes Tomarang has to offer is the Night Market where your Sims will discover new foods and unique objects.
The primary addition of the For Rent expansion pack is property management and ownership. You’ll be able to rent out your lot to other Sims, allowing you to make money, befriend new Sims, and deal with the struggles of having high-maintenance tenants. You’ll also unlock numerous ways to get to know your neighbors, from socializing at new events to eavesdropping on conversations.
The Sims 4’s For Rent expansion pack will become available on December 7, 2023, for purchase, with its pre-order bonuses available until January 18, 2024.
If you are curious about other recent features added to the game, check out The Sims 4 discovery quests explained, or click the tag below to dive in to our growing content collection.