After completing the Friends Aren’t Food and Breaking Bones quests in Disney Dreamlight Valley, you’ll gain a shovel upgrade to break small Wildebeest bones. A new problem has arisen, though. You can’t break large Wildebeest bones yet! Scar wants this issue solved to help revitalize the Sunlit Plateau, so he tasks you with upgrading your shovel once more. If you’re interested in learning more, continue reading to find a comprehensive guide on completing the Circle of Life quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
Disney Dreamlight Valley: The Circle of Life Quest Guide
Below are the steps for completing the “The Circle of Life” quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley:
- Talk to Mother Gothel
- Gather the materials for the upgrade: Purified Night Shards x10, Old Bones x1
- Return to Scar
- Place the Old Bones in the Volcanic Geyser in Scar’s Cave.
- Plant the Ashes anywhere on the Sunlit Plateau.
- Care for the Flower of Bones.
- Craft the Roaring Shovel Head.
- Use the Roaring Shovel Head to improve your Royal Shovel.
- Remove the Wildebeest bones blocking the wooden bright on the Sunlit Plateau x3
- Talk to Scar.
To begin the quest, you’ll have to complete the prerequisite mission, Breaking Bones, and reach at least level seven friendship with Scar. After meeting these requirements and speaking to him, he’ll show dismay over your shovel’s relatively weak power and request that you talk to Mother Gothel to fix this.
Upon speaking to mother Gothel about the problem, she’ll ask for you to gather 10 Purified Night Shards and Old Bones. Below describes how to find each resource:
- Purified Night Shards x10: For each Purified Night Shard you create, you need five Night Shards and one Dream Shard. You’ll need 50 Night Shards and 10 Dream Shards total.
- Old Bones: Head into Vitalys Caves and follow Mother Gothel’s directions. You’ll find the bones on the ground next to a pile of stone bricks.
After gathering the necessary materials and returning to Scar, your character will note that you must turn the Old Bones into Ashes. He’ll mention that there is a Volcanic Geyser in his cave where you can burn the ashes. Go to the Elephant Graveyard and turn right after entering his house. You’ll find a small grey geyser, roughly the height of your character, that you can interact with. Place the Old Bones inside and pick up the Ashes that drop.
Once you gather the ashes, you have two options:
- Craft a Miracle Growth Elixir using Vitalys Crystals, Rich Soil, and Dreamlight. By using this and planting the ashes, the plant will finish growing immediately.
- Plant the ashes as usual and water the plant. Not using the Elixir causes the plant to take around 10-15 minutes to grow. While this option takes time, you won’t have to farm for Rich Soil and Vitalys Crystals.
Regardless of your option, you’ll eventually get a Flower of Bones. Using this Flower of Bones and your ten Purified Night Shards, head to any nearby crafting station and make the Roaring Shovel Head. Much like the first shovel upgrade from the previous quest, you’ll have to interact with this one in your inventory to improve your shovel.
Now that you have a stronger Royal Shovel, go to the northwestern bridge in the Sunlit Plateau and break the three large Wildebeest Bones blocking the way. Speak to Scar one last time to wrap up the Disney Dreamlight Valley Circle of Life quest!
Disney Dreamlight Valley is available to play on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation platforms through the official website. If you’d like to explore other mission guides, check out our Sunstone Fragments Quest Guide and The Unknown Flavor Quest Guide.