You might remember us being a little bit miffed after Destiny 2 failed to come through with its initially promised fix for the EDZ Obelisk that has been bugging Guardians in the community for quite some time now. However, we're happy to inform you that as of 16 January, there's now been the hotfix that we've all been clamoring for. Here are the most recent Destiny 2 update notes for the EDZ Obelisk hotfix, and other things.
Destiny 2 Update Notes for EDZ Obelisk Hotfix
Those unsure about what the problem was with the EDZ Obelisk that the Season of Dawn introduced might want to brush up on it with this article that we wrote a few days ago. However, if you just wanted a TLDR, then there was a bug that was preventing people from interacting with the Obelisk, thereby locking them out of upgrading it and stalling their Sundial rewards grind.
Now, the latest update from Bungie's side is that they've pushed through Hotfix 184.108.40.206 which aims to address this issue. We've reproduced the Destiny 2 update notes below for you in full so that you can track if any of your other concerns have been dealt with.
- Fixed an issue where Wish-Ender's Broadhead perk was dealing more damage than intended
- Equipping both a Fusion Rifle Scavenger mod and a Linear Fusion Scavenger mod will no longer cause Heavy ammo to be gained from Special ammo boxes
- Using Telesto with the Heavy Handed obelisk mod will no longer generate unintentional extra Special ammo
- Fixed an issue that would cause the EDZ Obelisk interact component to despawn
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Sundial reward currency to be issued to players twice
- Eververse waypoint notification has been disabled
- The Season 9 Seasonal Starter Bundle will no longer appear as owned for players who bought the Season 8 Seasonal Starter Bundle
- Gunsmith weekly destination bounty will be re-enabled and properly rotate weekly (instead of daily)
- Crucible daily bounties will now rotate daily
Now that you've got the full Destiny 2 update notes for the EDZ Obelisk hotfix, we should all be able to breathe a little easier now and to fully throw ourselves back into conquering the Sundial after upgrading our obelisks. Need a hand with anything else in Destiny 2? Check out these other tips and tricks that we've put together: