One of the most wholesome games of 2023 has received a FREE DLC update that’s available right now! Here are the patch notes for the Dave the Diver x Dredge DLC.
Dave the Diver x Dredge Patch Notes – December 15, 2023
With short notice, the release of this DLC was announced, so let’s have a look at the developer announcement below:
We are thrilled to announce that the first ever DLC of Dave the Diver is here!
Along with the DREDGE DLC content, system improvements and bug fixes have also been made.
Please note that you MUST download the DLC in order to play the DREDGE content.
A short half-minute trailer has also been released for your viewing pleasure, which you can see below
Dave the Diver x DREDGE DLC Content
1) New Weather & Character
* On a foggy night in the Blue Hole, a new character as known as the ‘Traveling Merchant’ visits Dave.
- (Added) A few days must pass after opening the Chicken Farm in order to reach foggy nights.
2) Boat Controls
* Dave can now drive the boat around the Blue Hole on foggy nights.
3) Dredge System
* With the new Dredging system, Dave can now dredge at specific locations to obtain various items.
4) Aberrant Fish
* Dave can now dive in 3 new diving locations during the foggy nights.*
Different types of aberrant fish will appear in each location.**
5) Drain Gun
* Drain Gun – A new weapon that can be acquired through the DLC has been added.
6) New Customers
* Hooded Figures will now visit Bancho Sushi to order dishes made with aberrant fish.
You must download the DLC in order to enjoy the new DREDGE content.
1) Beluga Taxi Improvements
* Beluga Taxi will now be available until the end of the diving session.*
Beluga Taxi will remain at the place where Dave gets off, and will now wait for Dave after he enters/exits a building.**
* Beluga Taxi will now be marked in the minimap.
2) Load Time Improvements & Optimization
* Loading time after starting the game client has been shortened.*
Underwater currents at various locations have been optimized for smoother performance.**
* Loading time when entering Bancho Sushi has been shortened.
3) Sushi Restaurant
* Bancho Sushi will now be decorated on special days – Halloween, Christmas, and New Year!
- Special in-game fireworks have also been added on these days.
Celebrate the holidays with Dave the Diver!
* Dave can now only register 99 of the same menu.
* Adjusted where vibrations of controllers were implemented awkwardly and added missing vibrations.*
Adjusted the icon UI of the ‘L stick’ with controllers for better user comprehension.**
5) Underwater Exploration
* Added more locations for Crab Trap placements.
- More crab traps can be placed in the same region.
* Eased up on the difficulty of the fights with Thresher Sharks.*
Improved the animation of when Dave is carving fish so that he can cancel it right away in case he needs to react to other aggressive fish.
Loading screens in-between regions will now show a customized display.
Added a motion where Dave looks into the camera after a Photo Spot mission.**
6) Mobile Apps
* Added more Cooksta feeds that include characters’ daily lives and more sushi.*
Edited the background image for the ‘Crab Trap’ category in the Marinca.**
7) Other Improvements
* Size of certain texts has been enlarged for player convenience.
1) Sushi Restaurant
* Fixed an issue where the price displayed in Jango’s shop differed from the actual purchase price in certain situations.*
Fixed an issue where the ‘Not Enough Materials’ notification would remain in display even after sending the materials to the branch.
Fixed an issue where texts in the sales results window would appear abnormally under certain conditions.
Adjusted the timing for the display of certain ingredients during cooking battles to prevent unintended appearances.**
* (For Mac) Fixed an issue where the background of the sushi restaurant was displayed abnormally in certain situations.
2) Underwater Exploration
* Fixed an issue where the animation of the net when collecting the captured fish was invisible.*
Fixed an issue where certain terrains were displayed awkwardly.
Fixed an issue where certain projectiles were unintentionally bounced off the baseball bat.
Corrected the visual anomaly in which the item boxes in the depths seemed to disappear under specific conditions.
Fixed an issue where the indications for aggressive fish species were not displayed.
Fixed an issue where the camera was focused on unintended places during the Helicoprion boss battle.
Fixed an issue where the underwater scooter was kept being used in certain situations.
Fixed an issue where debuff effects on certain fish species were displayed abnormally.
Fixed an issue where shovel and rock attacks affected species with intended immunity.
Fixed an issue where the Sea People’s Necklace would not work as intended in certain situations.**
* Adjusted the awkward knockback effects on species that were hit with melee attacks
3) Mobile Apps
* Fixed an issue where some Cooksta feeds came up at unintended times.*
Fixed an issue where UI texts of certain Cooksta feeds were displayed abnormally in certain situations.**
* Fixed an issue where some buttons in the Calendar app were not visible in certain situations.
* Fixed an issue where character dialogue would be displayed awkwardly in certain situations.
5) Farm & Fish Farm
* Fixed an issue where Otto’s leg would be covered by the terrain in certain situations.
6) Other Bug Fixes
* Fixed an issue where UI effects were extended beyond their designated areas.*
Addressed the in-game mistranslations and issues where certain texts were not displayed.**
Please note that if you’re still experiencing issues after the patch, please compress the files from the path below and send them to our help center.
%LocalAppData%..\LocalLow\nexon\DAVE THE DIVER
~/Library/Logs/nexon/DAVE THE DIVER/Player.log
~/Library/Application Support/nexon/DAVE THE DIVER/SData
~/Library/Application Support/com.nexon.dave/DAVE THE DIVER/SData
./.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/1868140/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/AppData/LocalLow/nexon/DAVE THE DIVER
Please update Dave the Diver on Steam to the latest version for the changes to be applied.
Your reports are essential to improving the game and we’re happy that you guys are with us along the way. Please remember that if you have anything to share, feel free to let us know.
We want to thank all the divers who have provided us with bug reports.
Most of our team can’t wait to try out the new content for this wholesome game; see you underwater, and check out our Dave the Diver Review if you want to see how we felt about the game when it was initially released.