Image via CD Projekt RED

Best Melee Weapons in Cyberpunk 2077

Hack and Slash your way to the end.

You will find dozens of Melee Weapons across Night City, each with a bevy of different effects and damage. There are many melee weapons that you can buy from Melee Weapon Vendors or get during missions, but which of them are the best to play with? Our Best Melee Weapons in Cyberpunk 2077 guide will discuss that in detail.

Recommended Videos

Best Melee Weapons, Ranked

The below list contains the best five melee weapons based on their performance in the game.

Gold-Plated Baseball Bat

Screenshot by Prima Games

The game has many varieties of baseball bats, but the one that comes out on the top is the Gold-Plated version. The sole reason for choosing this melee weapon is the immense damage this baseball bat packs and the gold coating on top that makes you look cool while bashing enemies’ brains.

It is a legendary weapon with one slot available for Mods. You can add a modifier that adds an 80% chance for Bleeding and a 20% and 25% chance to apply the Stun effect when hit with a standard and heavy attack, respectively. You can find it in Denny’s pool during the Second Conflict side quest.

Related: How to Find The Widow Maker in Cyberpunk 2077

Cut-o-Matic

Screenshot by Prima Games

Cut-o-Matic is a new addition to the game in Patch 1.6, which you can buy from any Melee Weapon Vendor. This item is unique in style, resembling a combination of a Machette and a Chainsaw.

Although the damage may not be as much as the other melee weapons on the list, Cut-o-Matic brings more style and uniqueness to your play style. Once equipped, the sound of the weapon triggers nearby enemies and makes the civilians around you run away in fear.

No Mods slots are available for the Cut-o-Matic, but the base damage is enough to make it as powerful as other melee weapons.

Satori

Screenshot by Prima Games

Satori is a Katana Melee Weapon that you can find early on in the game during ‘The Heist’ main mission. This weapon is found in Saburo Arasaka’s apartment, and you can grab it from the AV parked on the rooftop landing pad.

Satori has a unique modifier that increases Crit Damage by 500% while reducing the base damage by 20%. It also has one Mods slot to add extra effects to the weapon. It makes Satori one of the most powerful melee weapons you can get at the start of the game.

Blue Fang

Screenshot by Prima Games

Blue Fang is another melee weapon added with Patch 1.6 that you can get from Melee Weapon Vendors out in the Badlands. It may be a small weapon, but it packs a big punch. It has many status effects, such as Chemical Damage, Bleeding, Poison, Headshot Damage, Physical Damage, and other buffs.

On top of that, Blue Fang is a throwable melee weapon. It means you can throw this knife at the enemies to deal damage from afar. It is the perfect weapon to use while being stealthy when approaching enemies.

Related: How to Get the Overwatch Sniper Rifle in Cyberpunk 2077

Jinchu-Maru

Screenshot by Prima Games

At the top of the list is the Jinchu-Maru Katana, arguably the best melee weapon in the later part of the game. It is a solid upgrade from the Satori Katana when you are near the endgame, as it provides high damage with an incredibly high DPS.

But what makes it the best out of the others is the 100% Critical Chance you get with this weapon while the Kerenzikov Cyberware Implant is active. It also increases the damage dealt by the weapon 2x times when the enemies’ health is double the amount of your health. Also, the last strike in the combo deals double damage and has a 20% increased chance of applying the Bleeding effect to your foes.

Add all of the effects and the ability to apply three more Mods; it makes Jinchu-Maru one of the deadliest weapons you can get in the game. You can obtain the weapon from Sandayu Oda after killing or incapacitating him during the ‘Play it Safe’ main mission.

These are all the best Melee Weapons that you can get your hands on in Cyberpunk 2077. Check out more Cyberpunk 2077 guides on our website, like Best Tech Weapons in Cyberpunk 2077 or Everything New Coming To Cyberpunk 2077 in Phantom Liberty DLC.


Prima Games is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article How to Fix the Wuthering Waves Black Square Bug on PC
Wuthering Waves Promotional Art
Read Article How to Make Sun in Infinite Craft
A photograph of the sun behind clouds.
Read Article Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed System Requirements Revealed
Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed Screenshot
Related Content
Read Article How to Fix the Wuthering Waves Black Square Bug on PC
Wuthering Waves Promotional Art
Read Article How to Make Sun in Infinite Craft
A photograph of the sun behind clouds.
Read Article Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed System Requirements Revealed
Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed Screenshot
Author
Umair Niazi
Umair is a Contributing Writer at Prima Games, who has been in the industry for 3+ years. His immense love for games fueled his interest in game development, which he is currently studying. When he's not working or studying, you will find him sweating in a Counter-Strike lobby or trying to defeat Isshin Ashina in Sekiro. Curse you old man!!!